No signal after changing primary GPU

tay102

Commendable
Mar 23, 2016
Hello,

I created a problem by trying to solve another :(

I had a problem where all of a sudden, I'd get a black screen when starting up games. I could still hear the game's music and the computer would still be running but I'd lose signal on my monitor and the only thing I could do is restart my computer. It was working just fine and I didn't mess with anything.
No overheating, all my drivers were up to date, no cables were loose, and it didn't need cleaning since I cleaned it not too long ago.

I tried a couple things to fix it, but the thing that caused the new problem was changing my primary GPU with msi afterburner and rebooting. A stupid mistake, now I get no signal on my monitor. I don't know if I have integrated graphics but I tried connecting my monitor to my motherboard and that didn't work. I tried resetting the Bios manually by removing the motherboard battery and putting it back in but that did nothing (probably another mistake).

I've had this pc for 3 years now.

Specs:

Mobo: Asus Z97 deluxe
GPUs: Nvidia GTX 970 x2
PSU: EVGA 1300W G2

Thanks

tay102

Commendable
Mar 23, 2016
Fixed. It was my displayport cable. Used an HDMI cable instead and I was able to boot up with Intel HD and undo my settings.