[SOLVED] No signal after cleaning PSU

soresu

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
My PSU started make a loud whirling noise since yesterday, I took out its fan and cleaned, it was almost dried up and after applying some oil it started to spin normally again. I put it back in, checked all the cables and sockets and turned on the PC and everything appears to be working, all fans are spinning, leds are on (including keyboard and mouse lights) but there's no signal!

I already checked if everything is attached firmly and they all are. I tried to plug the hdmi to directly to mobo but still no signal. Also tried connecting it another display with different hdmi cables, didn't work.

Note : I've upgraded my system very recently (about a few days ago), everything except PSU, HDDs and the case are brand new.

One other thing: the power button turns the PC on but holding it down won't turn it off also the Reset key not working.

Specs: Gigabyte B450M, Ryzen 5 3600, RTX 2060, Corsair vs650W

I don't know what I else I can try. It was working perfectly a few hours ago... Any help is appreciated.

soresu

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
I connected the PSU to my old mobo and it turned on. I also tested my old 1050ti on my new build and again there was no signal. So it seems it could be B450M somehow stopped working?

What's the problem using VS650 by the way? Is it inefficient for 2060?

VS series are Corsairs entry level models meant for a system with igpu or low end discrete graphics. They are NOT meant for $350 graphics cards.

Could be broken board, but i would bet something got knocked lose.

Unplug all of the connectors, reconnect. Try reseating ram and GPU.

soresu

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
VS series are Corsairs entry level models meant for a system with igpu or low end discrete graphics. They are NOT meant for $350 graphics cards.

Could be broken board, but i would bet something got knocked lose.

Unplug all of the connectors, reconnect. Try reseating ram and GPU.

I see. I'll look for an upgrade as soon as I can, any recommendations?

I checked all the cable work as well the RAMs (one by one). 2060 works on my old mobo and when tried my old GPU on my new B450M it didn't change the situation. So 2060 must be working properly and since I used the same PSU, that too doesn't seem to be the culprit. The only part I couldn't test outside the system was the CPU because my old mobo doesn't support Ryzen.

soresu

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
I don't know the PSU prices these days, but if there's anything decent for around $100 that'd be great, otherwise I will have to wait for a couple months at least and I rather not risk it if using VS650 might cause a problem.

soresu

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
I would reseat ram and CPU to try to make it work.

Corsair RM 650w fully modular $100
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Wx...-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020194-na

Thanks for the link. Reseating parts didn't fix it. I pretty much took apart the whole system and put it back together, nothing. My old system boots up fine with the same PSU and GPU and since I find it unlikely for both RAMs to stop working at the same time, I doubt they are the cause. Could also be CPU but I couldn't test it, still though power and reset buttons not working properly also makes me lean towards the motherboard.