Question "No signal" after enabling XMP profile 2

Sep 18, 2022
Hi! I have recently upgraded my PC, and have had some issues. Trying to address my problem here to see if anyone has a solution. :)

Problem: Enabled XMP Profile 2 in BIOS then saved changes. Display went black and nothing seemed to happen so i force shutdown the computer with power button. After turning it back on none of the case fans span, only the cooler fans (span slower than usual). Tried clearing CMOS in order to reset BIOS settings to default. After BIOS reset the case, and cooler fans seem to spin normally again, but display is still black showing; "No signal". Have i bricked my motherboard? RAM, motherboard, cooler and CPU is completely new.

Here is what i have tried:

• Tried two different monitors (i have tested them on different PC so i know they are working)
  • Tried putting display cables into GPU
  • Taken out GPU then put display cables directly into motherboard.
  • Cleared CMOS with removing the battery from motherboard (waited 5 minutes)
  • Cleared CMOS with CLRTC jumper pins
  • Tried every RAM slot with each individual RAM stick.

I have read and watched alot of videos giving different kind of solutions, but none of them seems solve the problem. I am kind of lost right now.

Specs:
Case: S340
PSU: EVGA 600W Bronze Plus
RAM: Kingston FURY Beast RGB DDR5-5600 C40
CPU: i7-12700K
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z690-P WIFI
Storage: 1x 860 EVO SSD 500GB and 1x 870 EVO SSD 1TB
GPU: 1060 6GB
Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280

Kind regards,
William

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2022
Bought the PSU back in December 2017

Yes, have used it for heavy gaming, video editing and programming. It was not original to build.

Tried a different PSU now to see if it fixed the problem. Monitor still showing "No signal". The PSU i tried is; "Corsair TX650M, 650W", its about two years old.

What i tried with different PSU:

• BIOS reset with removing CMOS battery.
  • BIOS reset using CLRTC jumper pins.
  • Tried plugging display cables into GPU
  • Removed GPU then plugging display cables into motherboard
  • Tried every RAM slot with each individual RAM stick.
  • Tried booting without SSD's

This is a really hard problem to troubleshoot. Do you have any other things i could try? :)

Kind regards,
William

Last edited: