Question No signal after getting new motherboard.

Feb 7, 2019
So on my previous motherboard ( 760GMA-p34 (Fx)) I reset the bios settings, afterwards it didn’t work, no display. Try resetting CMOS battery, etc. Then at one point, I had the good idea that I should touch my GPU while it’s running, and then. I heard static and it turned off. I reset it, it turned on no display.
Fast forward, I’m told to get a new motherboard, it MIGHT fix the problem. I get it, buuuuut it didn’t fix the problem.
I don’t think it is my GPU since the fans are running, and when I plug my HDMI cord into it, my monitor turns on but then says no signal.
So here I am wondering what is it. Is it my GPU, CPU, PSU???

Motherboard: GA-970A-DS3P
GPU: GTX 1050
CPU: AMD FX 4300

I had the good idea that I should touch my GPU while it’s running, and then. I heard static and it turned off.
I hope you are been sarcastic, because is never a good idea to touch components while your system is power and connected to a power source.
Try testing the GPU in another system, since that static discharge could have killed the GPU or motherboard or both.

By the way, before getting into your system, power off, turn PSU off, unplug power cord and press the power button for 20 seconds to discharge capacitors.

Feb 7, 2019
I hope you are been sarcastic, because is never a good idea to touch components while your system is power and connected to a power source.
Try testing the GPU in another system, since that static discharge could have killed the GPU or motherboard or both.

By the way, before getting into your system, power off, turn PSU off, unplug power cord and press the power button for 20 seconds to discharge capacitors.
A. I was being sarcastic (not in the moment though)
B. I used a old graphics card (a gt 930) and it still didn’t work, on both motherboards.
Does that change any possible solutions?

Also I forgot to say, but the fans start running when I plug a cord into it whether the computer is on or off

Fans running or not is not neccesarily a sign of component malfunction.

In this case, you have being very careless to the internal component and most likely toasted the PSU - and possible also damaged mainboard (doesn't matter since you've already bought a new one).

Feb 7, 2019
Fans running or not is not neccesarily a sign of component malfunction.

In this case, you have being very careless to the internal component and most likely toasted the PSU - and possible also damaged mainboard (doesn't matter since you've already bought a new one).

Yeaaaaah, I’m gonna start fresh anyways, so perfect timing!