Mboard : ASRock z490
GPU : 3060 TI
Power Supply : Gigabyte P650B 650W 80+ Bronze
Old RAM : 2x8 Team T-Force Vulcan Series Dual Channel DDR4 8G 2666MHz Red
SSD 1 = 240GB
SSD 2 = 480GB
HDD = 2TB

NEW RAM : 8x4 : ADATA XPG Spectrix D60G 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3600MHz RGB Memory

So what happened was first I installed 4 of them(RAM) and then my display show "No Signal" and then I removed 2 out.... and it works fine but one time got a blue screen.... So if I'm not wrong my PSU is not enough, is it?

help me out, please... Thank you

Solution
Your issue is due to mixing kit's from both differing manufacturers and at differing frequencies. Even mixing kit's with exactly the same specs can fail due to slight variation in latency and the reason manufacturers bin their DIMMs.

Mixing RAM like that is a NO NO and you should get a single kit, the size you need at the frequency your CPU and MB support and selected from the MB QVL. That way you know they are tested and known to work.

straightawaykid

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2013
here is my build...
CPU :I9-10900F
COOLER : Cougar AQUA ARGB 360mm Liquid CPU Cooler
Mboard : ASRock z490
GPU : 3060 TI
Power Supply : Gigabyte P650B 650W 80+ Bronze
Old RAM : 2x8 Team T-Force Vulcan Series Dual Channel DDR4 8G 2666MHz Red
SSD 1 = 240GB
SSD 2 = 480GB
HDD = 2TB

NEW RAM : 8x4 : ADATA XPG Spectrix D60G 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3600MHz RGB Memory

So what happened was first I installed 4 of them(RAM) and then my display show "No Signal" and then I removed 2 out.... and it works fine but one time got a blue screen.... So if I'm not wrong my PSU is not enough, is it?

help me out, please... Thank you

No, I don't believe your PS has anything to do with it, that's more than enough. First, you need to be certain the RAM you are installing is approved by your motherboard manufacturer for your m/b model and version, same size and speed. Then, if it is approved, test one at a time in the "single" slot. Check your manual for the slot for one RAM only, it could be slot 1 or 2 of 4.

Your issue is due to mixing kit's from both differing manufacturers and at differing frequencies. Even mixing kit's with exactly the same specs can fail due to slight variation in latency and the reason manufacturers bin their DIMMs.

Mixing RAM like that is a NO NO and you should get a single kit, the size you need at the frequency your CPU and MB support and selected from the MB QVL. That way you know they are tested and known to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: straightawaykid
Solution
Jun 21, 2021
yes its 4x8
Not quite clear, what you mean by this.
Please edit your post to clarify.

Your old ram was what? ADATA XPG Spectrix D60G 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3600MHz RGB Memory ?
Your new ram is what? 4x8GB ? What model ram modules?
so old ram was "Team T-Force Vulcan Series Dual Channel DDR4 8G 2666MHz Red"
and NEW ONE is ADATA XPG Spectrix D60G 16GB (4x 8GB) DDR4 3600MHz RGB

"NOT MIXING" ... i'm taking T-Force one out and ADATA is new one

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
Try clearing your CMOS to reset everything back to basics and try all the RAM sticks at once, again. If it boots and you get a signal, then go to the BIOS and select a profile that matches your RAM speed.