NO SIGNAL after installing graphics card

May 20, 2018
Currently, I am trying to get my AMD Radeon R7 260X to work, but whenever I put it in the slot and then connect it to the PCIe power, it always gives me no signal. I know the graphics card works because the fan runs and nothing beeps. Currently, I have a crappy Nvidia GT 9800 running. Even when I have the Nvidia running and the AMD plugged in, I still get no signal, so I have to unplug the AMD from the PCIe plug. I've already installed the AMD graphics card drivers and it doesn't work. In the BIOS, I've already disabled the internal graphics card. I know I have enough power. Not sure if I should just give up or try again. I've tried with multiple monitors and nothing has worked. I've tried both my DVI and HDMI cords and neither of them will have the AMD work. Please help

Solution

You can try reflow method in oven, won't hurt the card any more. If you sell the card make sure you have it listed as is for parts.
May 20, 2018

I got the card for free. I got it to work two or three times when I connected the mobo VGA to a monitor and the GPU HDMI to my projector. I've tried recreating it to no avail. I might just give up and sell it and buy another one. If you have any other suggestions, they would be very appreciated. Maybe I should stick it in the oven?

You can try reflow method in oven, won't hurt the card any more. If you sell the card make sure you have it listed as is for parts.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS