No signal after installing new ram

Jun 21, 2018
So, I bought a brand new Hyperx Fury 8GB @2400MHz (HX424C15FB2/8).
After I installed it without other dimms, when I turn on my pc there is no monitor signal(fans spinning normally) .
I tried cmos, different slots on mobo.
I went to the retailer to test the dimm and it works fine.

My specs :
Msi B250m mortar
i5 7500
Hyperx 8gb 2400MHz (HX424C15FB/8) (same ram, older version)
Msi gtx 1060 6gb
Samsung 850 evo 250gb

Ps. I bought the new dimm to pair it with my previous one. Firstly, I tried to boot with both of them installed on mobo but I got no display and also cpu, ram ez debug Ieds were blinking. That's when I tried to boot with only the new dimm installed but still no signal.

Have you tried the RAM by itself and not paired with the other stick?

RAM can be very finicky. This is why it is sold in kits as the sticks are tested to work together. Even RAM of the same model do not work together. The dies on the DIMM made be made from different manufactures.

If each stick works by themselves, then you know the RAM is not faulty. I would try updating the bios and see if you can get it to boot with both sticks installed. If not, then you will have to take the RAM back and try something else.

Jun 21, 2018

Firstly I tried with both dimms installed, but after I got no monitor signal, I tried the new one itself. But still I got no signal. I test the dimm on another mobo and it works. So the problem here is that my mobo works with my previous dimm and my new dimm works with another mobo but these 2 wont work together. And I dont think its compatibility problem because it's just the newer version of my previous ram.