No signal after installing ram stick

Jan 20, 2020
Hey guys i bought a second hand pc from a friend i recently upgraded the graphics card to a zotac 1060 to play some games and i recently acquired new ram sticks to upgrade my ram i put the new one in the slot next to my old one and booted it up but i couldnt see anything all it said was no signal on my tv i was using the pc a few days ago and it was fine until i put the new ram in.
I tried taking the new one out and booting it back up but it still said no signal i switched the old ram into the other slot and it still had no signal i tried replacing the hdmi and vga adapter but still no signal what can i do to get signal again? The ram sticks were different brands so im sure thats where i messed up but im not sure i am a novice please help

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Hey guys i bought a second hand pc from a friend i recently upgraded the graphics card to a zotac 1060 to play some games and i recently acquired new ram sticks to upgrade my ram i put the new one in the slot next to my old one and booted it up but i couldnt see anything all it said was no signal on my tv i was using the pc a few days ago and it was fine until i put the new ram in.
I tried taking the new one out and booting it back up but it still said no signal i switched the old ram into the other slot and it still had no signal i tried replacing the hdmi and vga adapter but still no signal what can i do to get signal again? The ram sticks were different brands so im sure thats where i messed up but im not sure i am a novice please help

Hi @Pogopope,

No worries, we'll get you sorted out and back up & running. A little more info though please. We need to know the exact make & model of the mobo your PC has. Also please note that your system may not boot correctly if you have mixed RAM &/or if you have the RAM installed in the incorrect slots, this too can cause problems.

Please let us know what you have and also the brand/make/model of the RAM you bought.

If you aren't sure, download CPU-Z and post SS here of what is shown.

Jan 20, 2020
Hi @Pogopope,

No worries, we'll get you sorted out and back up & running. A little more info though please. We need to know the exact make & model of the mobo your PC has. Also please note that your system may not boot correctly if you have mixed RAM &/or if you have the RAM installed in the incorrect slots, this too can cause problems.

Please let us know what you have and also the brand/make/model of the RAM you bought.

If you aren't sure, download CPU-Z and post SS here of what is shown.
My motherboard is the asrock b250m-hdv intel pentium
Zotac 1060
Thermaltake tr2 500w
Anything else?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS