[SOLVED] No signal after lightly cleaning and putting GPU back

Feb 28, 2021
Been having issues with my GPU giving no signal when playing games. Decided to blow it out a bit with computer air and put it back, hoping to dislodge something that might have been giving it issues. When I put it back there was no signal so I took it out and rebooted using onboard instead. Onboard works fine but if I try to use the default graphics with the GPU installed there's no signal from either. I searched and a few solutions included going into the BIOS video or advanced settings tab but I have no such thing. My BIOS is practically useless. I'm not sure what to do and I don't have any other computers to test my GPU on. I know it's seated properly and everything is connected as it should be.

My computer and GPU are pretty low end cause I'm broke but:
Dell Optiplex 390. A09 BIOS
GT 1030

Can't provide images but I doubt they'll do much.

EDIT: Problem solved after CMOS reset. Not sure what it was but oh well.

Last edited:
Reactions: majidok

Tigerhawk30

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2015
I'm thinking that your GPU is dead, especially if there is no change after cleaning it out then trying to use it when putting it back in. If the iGPU in the i3 works, it sounds like you're going to be using that for a while.

How old is the GT 1030?

Feb 28, 2021
I'm thinking that your GPU is dead, especially if there is no change after cleaning it out then trying to use it when putting it back in. If the iGPU in the i3 works, it sounds like you're going to be using that for a while.

How old is the GT 1030?

Got it new in 2018. It was working before I took it out to clean it. I think the display issue was coming from being dirty and unreliable HDMI connection.