PC Specs
CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X
Working old GPU- Gigabyte R9380
New nonworking GPU - ASRock RX5600XT
MB- MSI B450 Tomahawk
Memory- 2 Cosair vengeance LPX DDR4 8GB 3000MHz
PSU-Rosewill ARC-750 750w
Windows- 10 ver. 1909 (OS build 18363.1198

I installed the new card and after post screen it goes no signal on the monitor. The card lights up but fans don't turn (this card has a feature where fans don't turn until under load). I've reinstalled new card many times, making sure all connections are correct. I'm using an HDMI cable and have tried both HDMI ports on the back of the monitor. I can put old card back in and works without problems. I've uninstalled old card though device manager, uninstalled AMD software through programs and features. I've tried updating my bios, removing CMOS battery, jumping CMOS pins to no avail. I've never had a problem like this I couldn't figure out by searching the web. I'm just at a lose here. Do I need a different MB, PSU or is it just a broken card?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Solved the problem. After days of frustration, racking my damn head. I thought it might be suspect as I've had it happen once to me years ago. The HDMI cable.... replaced it with an old/ new one I had stashed away in the basement and BOOM cards working as it should. Idk if it's true but the cables seem to wear into what you're using it for and won't work on a different setup. Anyway all is good maybe this will help someone with the same problem.

popatim

Titan
When you boot the system up with the rx5600, do you hear windows startup?
I'm wondering if its just an issue where the port on the GPU isn't active.

Can you install both cards, the Rosewill has enough connectors to do it, and see if Device manager even recognizes the 2nd card?

Dec 6, 2020
So I installed the newest AMD Software and drivers. Installed the 5600 in the first pcie slot and the R9 in the other. I plug the hdmi into the 5600 and started it up and was working. It came up with an error box saying unsupported graphics card. I went into device manager and it showed the R9 under display adapters and the 5600 under something different (sorry I can't remember what). It came up saying needed to restart before device will work properly so I did. When it came back up same thing post screen and then black screen no signal. Shut down plug into the R9 and no problems and the device manager shows both cards. Last time I tried to restart with the 5600 I could here my stuff beeping with windows starting up but still a black screen.

Dec 6, 2020
Solved the problem. After days of frustration, racking my damn head. I thought it might be suspect as I've had it happen once to me years ago. The HDMI cable.... replaced it with an old/ new one I had stashed away in the basement and BOOM cards working as it should. Idk if it's true but the cables seem to wear into what you're using it for and won't work on a different setup. Anyway all is good maybe this will help someone with the same problem.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS