No signal after plugging in gpu

Damean

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
I just bought a gtx 650 and after I plugged it in I kept having a no signal error. I reset the bios but when I restarted it I didn't have the gpu in and the PC worked fine but as soon as I plugged in the gpu again I had the no signal problem again.

Solution
My apologies for the delay in answering Damean, work got in the way.

You'll want to select PEG/IGD - PEG stands for PCI Express Graphics, and IGD is Internal Graphics Device. This sets the priority to A) PCI Express slot and B) Internal Graphics should there not be a card in the PCIE slot.

Hope to hear back with good news :)

Essdub8

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
If you have an integrated graphics card on your motherboard (sounds like you do, given your description above), make sure to turn that off in BIOS and select PCIE as your graphics card slot. Then install your new GPU.

Also, make sure you've plugged any necessary cables into your new GPU - I believe it takes at least 1 6-pin power connector, if not 2.

Damean

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
I've plugged in the PCI cable and am not to sure how to check if it's running off the integrated graphics or not. I've never had a card in my PC before. This is my first one

Damean

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
I went to bios and found the setting but I don't know what to set it to
IGD
PEG/UGD
PCI/IGD
PEG/PCI
Not sure if those are exactly right but I don't know which one to set it to

Essdub8

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
My apologies for the delay in answering Damean, work got in the way.

You'll want to select PEG/IGD - PEG stands for PCI Express Graphics, and IGD is Internal Graphics Device. This sets the priority to A) PCI Express slot and B) Internal Graphics should there not be a card in the PCIE slot.

Hope to hear back with good news :)

Solution