Question No signal after reapplying thermal paste

oharabyko

Commendable
Nov 29, 2018
I recently tried reapplying thermal paste for the third time (first two didnt seem to drop Temps at all) to my msi radeon 580 8g armor and now it no longer shows any signal when i bootup (no bios screen.

All other hardware components turn on, gpu fan is on, cpu fan, all computer fans. I've done some trouble shooting where putting in two different gpu posts and boots to windows meaning ram, cpu, psu are all good which obviously means something is up with the card.

I've cleaned the gpu all over with alcohol, reseated it multiple times, tried different slots, removed cmos, unplugged all over components, put the cooler on and off multiple times but same problem occurs.

I've read somewhere about perhaps there being a short. I'm almost all out of ideas and if I can't figure it by the end of the day will buy another video card. In addition any recommendations for one with four outputs in the 250-400 cdn range?

Thanks

oharabyko

Commendable
Nov 29, 2018
I've done that a few times, I will try again but screw it in lightly. In addition does the fact that if i bootup with two video cards at the same time (working and broken) has the same video (no signal) indicate anything? I asssumed it would still boot up but just no detect the other video card.

Thanks

oharabyko

Commendable
Nov 29, 2018
unnamed.jpg
chip.jpg

I can't seem to see anything wrong physically, I washed the gpu all over with alcohol. In the second picture however there might be an issue, there are some dark spots around the cpu, not sure if that's just oil or maybe the chip got fried?