Question No signal after reapplying thermal paste

Nov 16, 2022
my specs

Processor AMD Ryzen 3 3100 4-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
Device ID 2049A95B-F151-441E-854C-E08B02842091
Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA604
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

so i know youre only supposed to every around 5 years but i have anxiety about this specifically and was told i CAN do it every year if it makes me feel better so thats what ive been doing.
cleaned the computer out then went to take the cooler off and it stuck and pulled the cpu out with it.

checked it for any bent pins. it looked fine. put the chip back in (checked to make sure it was orientated right). reapplied paste (pea method). put the cooler back on. made sure everything was connected, plugged everything back in. turned it on and. yeah.

fans turn on and light up. all of them. it SOUNDS like it should be on but no signal. my keyboard also doesn't light up like it usually does tho the led on the bottom of the mouse does.

Ive reset the cmos. re installed the ram. made sure everything was plugged in like 10 times.

i have no other computer or ppl w computers to check parts in.

any ideas would be awesome.

if i dont reply ive gone to bed. was going to do this before bed so i could just get up and play fallout tomrrow but :D here we are.

im hopping its just. not something super expensive bc i have absolutely no money

edit mouse and keyboaord also dont light up when i put them in the usb ports NOT on the mobo so im a bit lost lol

edit: cleaned around the cpu for any thermal paste. still the same. also the only thing i can think it may be is that i didnt discharge the psu. didnt know you had to i was never told. just reading that a lot on diffrent websites. if that is it im seeing i could have fried the mobo, gpu or cpu. im....really hoping its not the gpu. how do i figure out wich is bad?

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2022
Did you unlock the CPU socket before inserting the CPU back again?

All pins of the CPU still there?

Take some pictures of the motherboard to have a look at all connections and other parts, upload to imgur or similar and share the link

yes and all pins look perfect.

View: https://imgur.com/a/4KSzPv9

took the heatsink off bc its so big it blocks so much with it on haha

need anything else let me know and thanks for the help!

also sorry for the dust was ganna clean the rest after i did the paste but. this happened lmao

Nov 16, 2022
update. im ganna check everything and make SURE but. yeah. i MUST have bumped the ram and then when i checked to make sure. not seated them properly.

but thank you so much for helping!