[SOLVED] No signal after restart.

Feb 24, 2020
Alright so after getting excited about getting everything right on my first pc build im now just completely losing patience.
The issue im having is that whenever i restart the pc it loses signal with the monitor. Its fine on startup (although it may have happend once or twice on startup as well im not sure my head is so tired, im on my 3rd day trying to get everything up and running)

Im a total newbie when it comes to PCs so i could really use some help on this.
I have a couple ideas floating around in my head, one is that maybe i have to change the booting order in the BIOS because i believe its still listing the usb as primary since i used it for windows install. Although im not sure why it would matter since the usb isnt plugged in anymore.
The second idea i have is that maybe my monitor and GPU just arent fully compatible, LG27GL850 and SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 5700 XT OC. The reason why im thinking this is because the graphics card is freesync 2 while the monitor is regular freesync. Pcpartpicker didnt show any incompatibility though so i really dont know.

I guess it could also be that im missing a driver or something but that shouldnt be it because the amd softare that installs when you download latest amd gpu drivers shows that i have the latest driver.

Whats annoying about this issue is that whenever an update auto restarts the pc then thats it, its done for until i force shutdown by holding power button.
Maybe this is causing some drivers to not install properly as well... Ugh i dont know...

Apparently though this issue is fairly common as I have found countless posts on various forums either exactly describing my problem or to 90% accuracy. No solutions found though which is really odd to me since the problem isnt exactly uncommon.

Help a noob.

Btw are monitor drivers a thing?

Last edited:
Solution
Update: I updated BIOS via Q-flash and the problem is solved. Turned out that my motherboard had quite a few versions and somewhere along the line they improved the PCIe compatibility which apparently my GPU needed.
Thank you god now i can finally get to some gaming! :D
Feb 24, 2020
Update: I updated BIOS via Q-flash and the problem is solved. Turned out that my motherboard had quite a few versions and somewhere along the line they improved the PCIe compatibility which apparently my GPU needed.
Thank you god now i can finally get to some gaming! :D

Solution