Question "No Signal" after windows logo on installing new graphics card drivers.

Jul 23, 2019
I've recently purchased 1660Ti graphics card from Galax.
The GPU is installed correctly into the PCIe socket with the 8 pin power connector.
Windows boots the first time (when no drivers are installed).
When I try to install the drivers for the graphics card, they get installed (Windows 7) but on restarting the system I'm facing the "No Signal" problem after Windows logo.
The same thing happens when I try to do in Windows 10 I get the "No Signal" problem in the middle of driver installation. Windows Crashes.

Running in safe mode gets me into Windows, but the installation process results in the same problem.

When I put my old GPU (Gtx 710) it runs fine, drivers get installed without any issues, and monitor shows display same with On-board graphics.

I found in device manager, under other components there is a "PCI Device" with a warning error code (28) when I install the 1660TI.

Please help.

Things I've already tried:

1. DDU to uninstall previous GTX 710 graphics drivers and the on-board graphics
  2. Disabling On-board graphics from BIOS
  3. Re-installing windows
  4. Tried different monitors
  5. Replaced the card with a replacement one (2 1660TIs tried but same problem)
  6. Running in 640X480 graphics mode
  7. Installing drivers from Ge-Force Experience
  8. Only installing graphics driver and PhysX from the driver setup

My PC specs are very old:

CPU: Pentium dual core e5700
Mobo: Asus asus p5g41t-m lx
Ram: Corsair 4GB DDR3 1500MHz
PSU: Cooler master MWE 550W
1 HDD and an SSD
I'm using a WiFi dongle adapter as well

Lutfij

Titan
To be completely blunt, that system is pretty dated, that GTX1660Ti was a waste of funds for that platform. How old is that PSU? I'm leaning towards the PSU being an issue is due to the fact that a lower TDP card and/or the onboard GPU functions as normal while a GPU with more power draw has the issue.

Jul 23, 2019
To be completely blunt, that system is pretty dated, that GTX1660Ti was a waste of funds for that platform. How old is that PSU? I'm leaning towards the PSU being an issue is due to the fact that a lower TDP card and/or the onboard GPU functions as normal while a GPU with more power draw has the issue.
Yes I Know my PC is very dated. I'm in the process of building a new one, to which I did a mistake of buying the GPU before CPU and motherboard.
The PSU is just one month Old, and has more wattage than the recommended 450W.
I've heard that PCIe is backwards compatible i.e 3.0 will work with a 2.0 port.
If the Motherboard or PSU was an issue would the PC boot in safe mode or without the new graphics drivers?

Sagar_20

Distinguished
It is possible that there is some driver conflict or may be you are trying to install and outdated driver.

Reinstalling windows will be your best bet.

and if you got a VGA monitor, you must be using an active converter. (Look up online "HP Hdmi to vga converter")

How to fix error code 28, this you can find on google but the thing is That cpu is too weak for a 6 GB GTX 1060 and can't support more than a GTX 750 Ti or GT 1030. It will be heavily bottlenecked. You probably can't even use more than 4 GB of RAM on a Dual core PC.

May be replace it with a Core 2 Quad Q9550 or Q9650 and then you can use up to GTX 1050 Ti or 1650.

As soon as a dedicated GPU is detected, integrated GPU is automatically disabled.

Jul 23, 2019
It is possible that there is some driver conflict or may be you are trying to install and outdated driver.

Reinstalling windows will be your best bet.

and if you got a VGA monitor, you must be using an active converter. (Look up online "HP Hdmi to vga converter")

How to fix error code 28, this you can find on google but the thing is That cpu is too weak for a 6 GB GTX 1060 and can't support more than a GTX 750 Ti or GT 1030. It will be heavily bottlenecked. You probably can't even use more than 4 GB of RAM on a Dual core PC.

May be replace it with a Core 2 Quad Q9550 or Q9650 and then you can use up to GTX 1050 Ti or 1650.

As soon as a dedicated GPU is detected, integrated GPU is automatically disabled.
Thanks for the response :)
I've already tried installing a fresh version of windows. but unfortunately that didn't worked out. Giving the same problem,

Yes, I'm having a VGA monitor. I'm using this converter https://www.amazon.in/Terabyte-Conv...vga+converter&qid=1564064897&s=gateway&sr=8-3
Don't know whether it is active converter or not.

I do not have the facility of any other CPU at the moment.

Could the converter may be a problem? Because I don't listen the windows boot-up sound. Just the screen goes black after the windows logo.

Sagar_20

Distinguished
That must be an active converter. Not the best quality but if works, you should be fine.

Passive converter looks like below. (No wire)

41xUyOrXweL._SX300_QL70_.jpg

They are mostly vga to dvi and were used in older computers.

Try to fix the error code and if you fail, then it's best to re-install the windows.

All graphics cards from 2017 and later use only DVI-D and it requires an active converter.

Jul 23, 2019
I've reinstalled windows, but still no luck.
I replaced my old monitor with a 1080p monitor with direct HDMI connection (no dongle) but still I'm having the "No Signal" Problem after installing the drivers.