ThatGhilliedGuy

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015
So, the system was previously working fine up until a few weeks ago. My little brother was playing siege one night when all of a sudden the pc just dropped signal but he could still hear audio and provide inputs such as siege and discord etc.
So far Ive tried;
  • Reseating all Ram slots,
  • Trying both PCI-e slots with 3 known working GPU's
  • Fresh Windows install,
  • Swapping out drives,
The system will sometimes display up until windows log on then will no display, and sometimes wont display anything not even the bios page. Another reason why I'm so confused.
The system is as Follows,
  • AMD Ryzen 5 1600x
  • Asus Prime b350-plus
  • Corsair Vengeance 4x4gb @2666MHz
  • Gigabyte Wifi Card
  • EVGA supernova G3 650w PSU
  • Cooler master Master Liquid 240
  • Kingston 124GB SSD
  • WD blue 1tb hdd
  • Msi Gtx 980
Im really at a dead end on what to try since I don't really have any spare components lying around, anybody help would be greatly appreciated! Want to get this sorted and cheer my little brother up he's lost without it and is starting to fall behind on his college work so needs it sorting asap.
Hope you've all had a merry xmas and wish you all a happy new year.
Many thanks guys,
Matty

Last edited:
Solution
Maybe kinda drastic, but you could try and breadboard with only basic parts, like one of the ramkits+gpu of course cpu, use stockcooler and see if it boots.

ThatGhilliedGuy

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015
The ram is all one kit? Maybe try and test with just a single stick. Use the second slot from the cpu out.

The 124gb ssd doe it have enough free space? Is really important.
So the Ram are 2 sets of 2x4, and have tested different sticks in different dimm slots to no avail.
The ssd is plenty free, when I did a fresh install of windows I got rid of everything. Could I ask how free space would affect a display signal - general question :)
Many thanks - Matty

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
So the Ram are 2 sets of 2x4, and have tested different sticks in different dimm slots to no avail.
guess you mean one at a time and if using two i hope you used sticks from the same kit together.

The ssd is plenty free, when I did a fresh install of windows I got rid of everything. Could I ask how free space would affect a display signal - general question :)
I wasn't sure, just something to wonder about and pops into my head. With the ssd maybe full as it can be it might stall the system. Never really seen that, but again just wondering.

Looked at temps and such like voltages?

download hwinfo64,
install and open it,
check "sensors-only",
click "run".

ThatGhilliedGuy

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015
guess you mean one at a time and if using two i hope you used sticks from the same kit together.

I wasn't sure, just something to wonder about and pops into my head. With the ssd maybe full as it can be it might stall the system. Never really seen that, but again just wondering.

Looked at temps and such like voltages?

Yes made sure the ram was installed in the proper manner,
Yeah appreciate all the thought mate ahah but there was a good amount of storage free.
Nah can't even get a display to log into and check anything mate so no good.

Maybe kinda drastic, but you could try and breadboard with only basic parts, like one of the ramkits+gpu of course cpu, use stockcooler and see if it boots.

Try this Vic 40 wrote!, only the basic for the PC to start, CPU+Cooler + PSU + GPU + 1 stick of RAM (I would skip the whole "kit" thingy and go "hardcore" on the testing) just use 1 stick of RAM (you don't need 2, 3 or 4 sticks to test, one is enough)

Reactions: ThatGhilliedGuy

ThatGhilliedGuy

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015
Ive bought a placemake motherboard, hopefully this sorts it. If not then will try this, however the cpu never came with a stock cooler ahaha not the best circumstances this. But hopefully this sorts it and i wont have to resort to extremes! cheers mate