Question no signal amd pc

Apr 29, 2022
Hello, for a few days my PC gives me the following error no signal on the monitor, I have been with it for a year and a half more or less, it happened to me when I played a game that hardly requires much resources from my PC, now it happens to me every Every time I turn off the PC, I can't get a signal unless I turn the PC upside down by unplugging everything and plugging it back in.

When this happens, it uninstalls the AMD driver and drivers, this has already happened to me before from the beginning, when I suddenly uninstalled the AMD driver because of yes after the PC turned off, it had been a while since happened to me But I have always been able to restart the PC without problems and reinstall it but now it tells me about no signal.

Checks performed:

I have tried the GPU in another pc and it works the short time that I have tried it

I have tried another monitor, another HDMI and it does not give a signal either

I've cleaned the RAM slots and socket.

I've removed the battery/cell from the motherboard and it doesn't work either.

Just in case I have tried to remove my M.2 and the hdd to see if by some chance they gave some kind of problem and it is still the same without giving a signal

The lights of the GPU (a blue light that it has on pin 8) turn on, the board has a light that turns on, the CPU works when I turn it on the PC, so for this I don't think it's because of the PSU(Maybe due to my ignorance it could be the source even though I hear it ring and everything turns on)

I have reinstalled windows when I have managed to get a signal, but when I turn off the PC or after a few minutes of turning it on, it is doing something or nothing on the PC, I get no signal

My conclusion: or is it the motherboard or is its the PSU I shoot more for the motherboard, can someone think of something else that they haven't tried? Any idea will be well received

my setup:

https://www.amazon.es/HyperX-Fury-HX432C16FB3-DIMM-Negro/dp/B07WJJ9CNG x2

https://www.pccomponentes.com/corsair-cv550-cv-series-550w-80-plus-bronze-reconditioned (sorry i didnt found any english page to show you this one)

B450M DS3H (rev. 1.x) Key Features | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A.
Lasting Quality from GIGABYTE.GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ motherboards bring together a unique blend of features and technologies that offer users the absolute ...
www.gigabyte.com

CPU: https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-5-2600x

https://www.amazon.com/XFX-Radeon-1386MHz-Graphics-RX-580P8DFD6/dp/B06Y66K3XD

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums!

The graphics card working on another system makes it less likely to be a GPU problem.

How old is the Corsair CV550W PSU? That CV 550 is an old platform I think. Maybe even groupg regulated for the multi rail 12V. If it's as old as I guess I'd say the PSU might be culprit.

Apr 29, 2022
Welcome to the forums!

The graphics card working on another system makes it less likely to be a GPU problem.

How old is the Corsair CV550W PSU? That CV 550 is an old platform I think. Maybe even groupg regulated for the multi rail 12V. If it's as old as I guess I'd say the PSU might be culprit.
I bought it like a 1 year and half ago, but its a second-hand PSU its impossible to know exactly how old its... But I used the psu with the GPU in another PC setup and gived a signal ( not tested a long time only a few minutes in the BIOSS interface xD) i gonna give it a long test If I have time tomorrow in the other setup thank you for your reply @Satan-IR !!

Apr 29, 2022
Now it doesnt work on the other PC

And i haved test another gpu , rx570, on my PC and works with no problem, and had tested a stress test with the rx580 when worked, and worked with no problem

Sick Jacken

Honorable
Sep 26, 2016
Have you thought that the CMOS battery might fail even new? It can cause driver corruption as well as such a SATA cable can, anyhow try the modded animez drivers, you can find'em on guru3d. My opinion is to not install AMD chispets just to see, amd.. amd is not to be trusted indeed reason nvidia/intel is more expensive is because self dignity but it comes with the trust that that pc will have your back no matter what when you need it to turn on.

Apr 29, 2022
Have you thought that the CMOS battery might fail even new? It can cause driver corruption as well as such a SATA cable can, anyhow try the modded animez drivers, you can find'em on guru3d. My opinion is to not install AMD chispets just to see, amd.. amd is not to be trusted indeed reason nvidia/intel is more expensive is because self dignity but it comes with the trust that that pc will have your back no matter what when you need it to turn on.
Ok I gonna try it this afternoon ty

Reactions: Sick Jacken

TRENDING THREADS