[SOLVED] No signal and no USB function when keyboards are plugged in ?

May 30, 2022
So the other day I decided to clean my prebuilt reapply thermal paste and dust it. First time ever doing this everything went well with my gpu but everything turned for the worse once my cpu came up. I got all 3 screws off my cpu fan but the fourth one was stuck like someone tightened it with all their might. I went at it from all angles for hours on and was turning the back plate to my cpu to try and unhook it or twist it from that way and I accidentally chipped away some parts where the cpu sits that the back plate is supposed to protect.

I gave up on the screw put everything back together turned it on and was getting no signal from my monitor. I checked everything made sure everything was plugged in and then noticed on the back of my motherboard damaged pins where the motherboard sits and I’m not sure if that could be the issue because even when I finally got the screw off and checked my cpu all my pins were intact. I ordered a new motherboard hopefully that was the issue or I just wasted money.

Solution
If there is ANY visible damage to the motherboard, even just a scratch across the path of one of the electrical traces, then any problem you are having that you did not have before is VERY likely to be because of that. In short, yes, it probably is because of the damage to the motherboard.
If there is ANY visible damage to the motherboard, even just a scratch across the path of one of the electrical traces, then any problem you are having that you did not have before is VERY likely to be because of that. In short, yes, it probably is because of the damage to the motherboard.

Solution