[SOLVED] No Signal...Anyone know if my mobo/cpu is done for?

Mar 18, 2021
Hey so before I get into this I figure I’d list full specs:

Gigabyte H310M M.2 2.0
Asus 1050ti dual
Corsair Vengeance LPX (16gb x 2)
Intel pentium g5400
Gamemax Gold 850w psu

I’m not getting a signal on my pc after re pasting my processor. All my parts were working fine up until last night when I had to re paste. After putting it back in the issue started, and I’ve tried mostly everything I can think of. I re seated the ram, took out gpu, reset cmos, ran from integrated as well as trying the gpu and still nothing. I’m not sure what it could be considering everything was working fine beforehand. I was also careful not to get thermal paste on any components of course. The monitor also works fine, I’ve tested it on other devices. The only thing I can think of at this point is something shorted my processor or motherboard, or possibly bent pins in the socket. However I checked the pins and they look okay, and the processor goes in no issue, which leaves me thinking it’s a motherboard issue. This is also my first pc build tho, so any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Well, start from scratch.

Take the components out of the chassis and bench test it. That way you will have touched every connector and cable that you might have jostled. Then slowly put your parts in.

CPU/fan, Motherboard, One stick of ram and the power supply. See what happens.

If it works, hooray. Then start adding in components one at a time. If it stops working after one of them, you have your culprit. Change out SATA and SATA power cables if you can, sometimes they break inside and cause a short which can prevent start.

Taking everything out may also dislodge loose screws or debris that got behind the motherboard.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, start from scratch.

Take the components out of the chassis and bench test it. That way you will have touched every connector and cable that you might have jostled. Then slowly put your parts in.

CPU/fan, Motherboard, One stick of ram and the power supply. See what happens.

If it works, hooray. Then start adding in components one at a time. If it stops working after one of them, you have your culprit. Change out SATA and SATA power cables if you can, sometimes they break inside and cause a short which can prevent start.

Taking everything out may also dislodge loose screws or debris that got behind the motherboard.

Solution