Question No signal blues XFX RX590 Fatboy

mrpb5525

Reputable
Aug 28, 2017
I am a working Joe, I decided to upgrade my computer. Last time I did was three or four years ago. I start my new system with buying one part at a time and I always start with the video card because I can enjoy it while the remaining items on the list are procured.
I got the XFX RX590 Fatboy I had the XFX RX470 before hand. I installed the 590 and each time I am running my favorite games (war thunder or Pubg) the video blinks out, and says no signal. I was running the newest driver from AMD, 19.2.2 or what ever the newest one is as of 3/1/19. I then ran the graphic card driver remover called DDR and stepped back a step to install the 19.1.1. AMD driver, I have the same problem. My current cpu is the AMD FX8350 on an ASUS Sabertooth mobo with 20 gb ram. 750watt PSU.

MetallicMonk

Respectable
Feb 16, 2019
I am a working Joe, I decided to upgrade my computer. Last time I did was three or four years ago. I start my new system with buying one part at a time and I always start with the video card because I can enjoy it while the remaining items on the list are procured.
I got the XFX RX590 Fatboy I had the XFX RX470 before hand. I installed the 590 and each time I am running my favorite games (war thunder or Pubg) the video blinks out, and says no signal. I was running the newest driver from AMD, 19.2.2 or what ever the newest one is as of 3/1/19. I then ran the graphic card driver remover called DDR and stepped back a step to install the 19.1.1. AMD driver, I have the same problem. My current cpu is the AMD FX8350 on an ASUS Sabertooth mobo with 20 gb ram. 750watt PSU.

Hey there,

Generally these failures are due to heat or power issues.

What temps are you getting on your CPU and GPU at idle and under load? (use HWmonitor)
What configuration of RAM do you have that equals 20GB? (typo?)

I would first of all run DDU again and update to the latest drivers, test
Also use radeon wattman to put your 'power limit' up to it's max (not voltage), test
Dial back the core and mem voltages by 50 MHz, test
undervolt GPU and mem, test

What Motherboard, CPU, RAM do you have?
What Powersupply are you using?

Hopefully this gives you a few places to start, best of luck to you!