Question No signal--Cycles inputs while PC is on

King_justin

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2017
Hello all,
This may be a length post? I will try to give all the information I can, but I'm not the owner of the PC.

I believe the motherboard is a Asus z790-P, Not sure of the CPU, the GPU is a 30 series I believe (3060?). It's a prebuild from Cyber power... It also has 1 stick of RAM. I think it's 16 or 32GB.

My relative asked me to come look at their PC. It's not showing a display She recently moved from her college apartment to go back home. She said she took very good care of the PC during the transportation...had it buckled up and all that good stuff. She plugged everything up and turned it on but no display. She noticed her 3 fans where no longer showing RGB. But, the fans itself still worked. Last night I had her reset the CMOS battery and try to turn it on. This is the ONLY time something finally displayed. It was saying the typical "CMOS battery has been removed, etc...press F1 to run setup". She pressed F1 and it took her to the BIOS Screen. She tried selecting her hard drive on the right side to boot to and then it went to a black screen.

Anyways,
I get there and the display isn't showing anything on it. The back light is there but nothing is displayed. I can unplug the cable and plug it back in and it will cycle through inputs. It will end on the input that it should be, but then say no signal.

At first I thought it was either the monitor or the cable. So, I went from a HDMI cable to a DisplayPort cable. No luck. I plugged a gaming system into the monitor and it worked. I plugged the PC into the TV and still no signal.

From there, I thought okay it's the GPU. So, I tried using the on board graphic slots (both input types) and still same issue. I also tried those same slots with the GPU out of the system.

This is when I found out that the fan's RGB used to work before the move and now do not, so that made me think maybe something is lose? I tried resetting the CMOS battery again, I tried resetting the RAM. I tried moving RAM slots, I've tried starting it up without the front USB slots plugged in, I tried starting it up without the audio plugged in, I tried starting it up with out any USB Peripherals plugged in, I've tried starting it up without the CPU power plugged in..I got it as bare bones and I could just to give me an error on screen or something. anything...but nothing.

I went through the entire motherboard and made sure everything was in secure. I traced all the wires to make sure all looked good and didn't have a Knick in them to create some type of ground. I really tried everything.

I finally settled on it being the motherboard. She has ordered one and it should be here by the end of the week. I've got a spare PSU i am going to bring to try and boot with before changing the motherboard out.

Is there anything else that I should look for? Anything else left to try?

EDIT TO ADD: I also tried looking for diagnostic lights on the PC and couldn't find any.

thanks for the read. Sorry it was all over the place. I just tried to type in the order in which I did things.