No Signal detected after installing PSU (sparks & smoke)

Tasha28

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
I'd like to thank in advance for any possible solutions.

I was enjoying a game, when my computer shut off. I tried the power button to restart, and it came to life for the briefest of a second, then nothing. No further attempts to power up worked.

At that point, I thought it might be the PSU, so I bought a Thermaltake 600w (my previous PSU was just under 500w OEM) to place in my ASUS republic of gamers desktop. After connecting the wires (which I think I did correctly), it briefly sparked and smoked. After double checking, I realised I hadn't turned it to the I in I/O, which I then did. It booted up, but still experienced "No Signal detected" on my monitor.

I then disconnected my HDMI from my GPU and monitor, and connected a VGA cable to enable onboard integrated graphic. Booted up and I am able to enter and work normally, with the exception of my Zotax gtx960.

I tried another GPU in my case, and was still not recognized with the same signal not detected.

All peripherals and fans are working.

I am not very computer literate, and hope I provided sufficient details for you to help me determine if I need to get a new computer or possibly a way for my dedicated graphic card to get working. Thanks very much.

Tasha

Tasha28

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
I tried another card in the second graphic slot, which worked with my hdmi cable. So I thought, my other card would also work. I should have looked at the first slot more closely before placing my original card in the second slot. It had a small pinhole burnt mark. After powering up with it in the second slot, more sparks and smoke, burnt metal smell. lot of lesson's learned, Looks like all is fine for normal work, but gaming will have to wait for a new computer. Thanks.