I recently just built a new pc
-Ryzen 5 5600G
-ASUS Prime B550M-A
-16gb of DD4 Corsair vengeance RAM
-WD Blue SN550 1TB High-Performance M.2 PCIe NVME SSD
-500gb HDD
-Corsair CX 600 PSU
-Palit GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB StormX GPU

The building process went fine, i turned the system on and it loaded up to the bios fine and everything was working but my system wasn’t reading both my HDD nor SSD so it wasn’t able to boot from anything so I was playing around making sure my SATA cables were connected properly and the cable from the PSU to the hdd and after turning the system on and off a few times of trying different solutions (Turning off pc and unplugging power cable every time)
Now when I turn my system on I have no signal detected from both my GPU hdmi or my CPU hdmi.

I’ve reinserted my ram into the slots I’ve unplugged every cable and made sure it’s connected properly. I have no idea what has happened

Im guessing the WD Blue ssd is your boot drive,correct? Have you taken this from a previous system? ( i ask because you said '' but my system wasn’t reading both my HDD nor SSD so it wasn’t able to boot from anything '') I was just wondering if you had the OS preinstalled? Anyways, have you tried resetting CMOS? (and/or taking the battery out for 5-10mins)

Anything could have happened when you started to disconnect/reconnect all the different cables.

I suggest that you double check your 24-pin power cable, your 8-pin CPU cable, and make sure your RAM modules are fully inserted (you should hear them 'click') into the appropriate motherboard slots.

Luuee

Prominent
Jul 16, 2020
Also, do you know what BIOS version you are on? You need version 1401 to run the 5600G.
The SSD is brand new and the hhd is from my previous build with an OS installed on it.
The motherboard BIOS has been updated it it was a motherboard cpu bundle from AWD.IT. Like I said when I first booted the system up from build the bios loaded up.
I have recently found out about resetting the CMOS and plan on trying this

Reactions: kurdtnz

Luuee

Prominent
Jul 16, 2020
Anything could have happened when you started to disconnect/reconnect all the different cables.

I suggest that you double check your 24-pin power cable, your 8-pin CPU cable, and make sure your RAM modules are fully inserted (you should hear them 'click') into the appropriate motherboard slots.
I have done all of this. Disconnected everything and make sure everything is connected properly and also the ram. between the bios loading up all I was doing was turning the pc on and off and trying different sata cable/slots etc

TRENDING THREADS