No signal detected (Ryzen 3 2200g, x470)

Jul 26, 2018
Hi, I attempted my first pc build today and I am running into some issues. When I turn on the power the motherboard lights up, the cpu fan begins to spin, and lights above my ram turn on so I assume the ram is being detected. However, my system never posts. The computer appears to do nothing while my monitor fails to detect any signal, there are no beeps or anything. In the following image (near the bottom) it lights up CPU, skips DRAM, lights up VGA, and then nothing else occurs.

I am using an hdmi cable to connect the monitor.

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g
CPU Cooler: Stock
MB: MSI x470 Gaming Plus
RAM: Corsair Vengeance

Also, I was unable to screw in one of the standoffs as the screw wasn't long enough although I managed to screw in all the rest. Not sure if this could be the problem. If there's any additional information you'd like to know feel free to ask.

Edit: I think the problem may actually be that I'm actually using a tv and the hdmi just isn't working with it for some reason so I am going to pick up a vga cable today and try that out.

Thanks

Jul 26, 2018

I made sure to set the TV input to hdmi but it still doesn't find the signal. Does anyone know what the 4 lights mean for CPU, DRAM, VGA, BOOT? I looked at them again and it lights up CPU, VGA, then very shortly BOOT. Does this mean something is wrong with the memory? I didn't find anything in the manual about these lights.

Edit: I removed both sticks of ram to see if the motherboard would make any noise, this just results in the DRAM led staying turned on so the leds appear to indicate an error. I swapped in 1 stick of ram and got stuck at Boot, powered off, placed both sticks of ram back in, cleared CMOS, and then powered back on. This results in the CPU led flashing 3 times, skips dram led, vga flashes, then it gets stuck on boot. So something is wrong with boot now?

Solved Issue (kinda): So I was trying everything I could think of to get a signal and by chance happened to plug in the hdmi cable after I had already turned on the pc. This happened to give me a signal and then after noticing it wasn't working anymore on future power ons was able to deduce that I had to plug in the hdmi cable after I have performed the post (I wait for all the debug leds to go on and off).

Now I can actually use the pc, however, this is extremely annoying and anything that requires a restart becomes very difficult to successfully perform so I was wondering if anyone knew how I could rectify this problem?

Feb 14, 2019
H

I made sure to set the TV input to hdmi but it still doesn't find the signal. Does anyone know what the 4 lights mean for CPU, DRAM, VGA, BOOT? I looked at them again and it lights up CPU, VGA, then very shortly BOOT. Does this mean something is wrong with the memory? I didn't find anything in the manual about these lights.

Edit: I removed both sticks of ram to see if the motherboard would make any noise, this just results in the DRAM led staying turned on so the leds appear to indicate an error. I swapped in 1 stick of ram and got stuck at Boot, powered off, placed both sticks of ram back in, cleared CMOS, and then powered back on. This results in the CPU led flashing 3 times, skips dram led, vga flashes, then it gets stuck on boot. So something is wrong with boot now?

Solved Issue (kinda): So I was trying everything I could think of to get a signal and by chance happened to plug in the hdmi cable after I had already turned on the pc. This happened to give me a signal and then after noticing it wasn't working anymore on future power ons was able to deduce that I had to plug in the hdmi cable after I have performed the post (I wait for all the debug leds to go on and off).

Now I can actually use the pc, however, this is extremely annoying and anything that requires a restart becomes very difficult to successfully perform so I was wondering if anyone knew how I could rectify this problem?
I am currently facing the same problem and wanted to know how long do you wait for all the debug leds to go on and off? I have the same motherboard and a 2nd generation ryzen cpu.