Question No signal for [from] Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC GPU ?

Mar 27, 2021
No signal for Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC gpu

Literally yesterday I got this new gpu from CCL and it worked fine for the first day. I then played on my pc the next day, went to grab something to eat for 10 minutes at around 20:30 and when I got back at about 20:40 my screen was black and reading no signal. The fans on the gpu spin so we know it has power; another very useful ithing is that I have upgraded from a 1060 which still works and when that is plugged in it is fine and an image is emitted. I have two monitors (both of which show an image with the 1060) but have a third that I can try if need be.

Things I have tried so far and the results:

Switching to a different gpu - worked

Switching from DP to HDMI - same problem

Changing DP ports used on both gpu and monitor - same problem

Restarting PC - same problem

Taking out and putting back in both RAM sticks in different slots - same problem

Switching video cables - same problem

Taking out cable extensions and using psu cables - same problem

Checked pcie 16x connection to gpu and mobo, 8 pin connection to psu and gpu and checked the DP connection to monitor and gpu - same problem

Drivers were installed when the card showed an image so unless they were updated in the 10 minutes I was eating then it shouldn’t be that

Waiting - same problem

Changing pcie 16x slot on mobo - same problem

Thats all I think.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600x
16GB 3200mhz Corsair vengeance
Corsair h100i platinum se 240mm aio
Asus prime x570-p
3 LL120 fans and extra 2 on aio
Gigabyte 1TB M.2 ssd
Corsair TX650M psu
Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC
Asus VG279Q and Samsung UE28590D monitors

I think it could be:

psu too low power but the card ran fine when I was using it and I had no blue screens etc.

Ports on gpu just don’t work but I would need clarification on how to check they work/don’t work and this seems unlikely since it wouldn’t just break in the case mid use.

Conclusion:

The PC runs fine because it works on my other card and usually when this happens its just a case of a cable has come loose or just wait a minute but I have been waiting for as long as this has taking me to type on my phone and nothing has happened. I will try some stuff but I’m not sure sending it back is a great idea because I may not be able to get it replaced due to the current state of the gpu market etc so any help is appreciated!

Let me know if you would like any pictures or further info.