So I have just bought all the components for a pc I’m building,

Ryzen 2200g
MSI B450M - PRO M2
Corsair 2400 ddr4 ram 8gb (1x8)
Corsair 650 watt 80+ gold PSU
1 TB hatachi 7200rpm HDD
500 Gb Samsung EVO ssd

And I also put in a GTX 1060 6gb card

So I reseated the CPU, Changed ram slot, plugged in the monitors through on board display then into the GPU and nothing seems to get a signal. There is a cpu debugger light with comes on and stays on.
All peripherals light up, and cpu fan and case fans spin.

Edit
I meant to say is All peripherals don’t light up but the fans do spin in the case and cpu.

Last edited:

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I always do a bit of a breadboard bench test before I assemble parts in the case. You may have to "un-build" and do that. With the board on an insulated surface, install just the CPU/cooler, RAM, and PSU. Nothing else. Connect the monitor to the on-board video port and start the system by momentarily shorting the two pins that the power button would plug into. (Don't forget to turn on the monitor& PSU) See if it produces a display, but give it time. The initial boot can take longer than normal.

Reactions: Banned by Net
Mar 23, 2019
So I have just bought all the components for a pc I’m building,

Ryzen 2200g
MSI B450M - PRO M2
Corsair 2400 ddr4 ram 8gb (1x8)
Corsair 650 watt 80+ gold PSU
1 TB hatachi 7200rpm HDD
500 Gb Samsung EVO ssd

And I also put in a GTX 1060 6gb card

So I reseated the CPU, Changed ram slot, plugged in the monitors through on board display then into the GPU and nothing seems to get a signal. There is a cpu debugger light with comes on and stays on.
All peripherals light up, and cpu fan and case fans spin.
I always do a bit of a breadboard bench test before I assemble parts in the case. You may have to "un-build" and do that. With the board on an insulated surface, install just the CPU/cooler, RAM, and PSU. Nothing else. Connect the monitor to the on-board video port and start the system by momentarily shorting the two pins that the power button would plug into. (Don't forget to turn on the monitor& PSU) See if it produces a display, but give it time. The initial boot can take longer than normal.
When doing so and leaving it I for 15+ minutes I came back to a no signal still on the monitor. :(

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If you still have the board out of the case, check the standoffs. Make sure you didn't install one where there's not mounting hole in the board for it. That board appears to only require 6... in specific locations.
If that all checks OK, I'd be inclined to say the board needs to go back.

Reactions: Banned by Net
Mar 23, 2019
If you still have the board out of the case, check the standoffs. Make sure you didn't install one where there's not mounting hole in the board for it. That board appears to only require 6... in specific locations.
If that all checks OK, I'd be inclined to say the board needs to go back.
I did make sure of all mounting holes, I guess I need to exchange it in.
Thanks for the help.

Mar 23, 2019
I was going to suggest that the board's BIOS might not be updated for the 2200g. But that isn't likely. Besides, I checked the board's website and it appears the 2200g is supported from the first BIOS version.
So I had a friend bring an older Amd APU during the meantime and still the same problem occurred so I believe your right about that I’m going to have to replace the board. I also did some research and it could have been the ram as well so I’m also going to buy recommend ram by AMD in dual channel instead, Thanks for all your help. :)

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The RAM you have now should be fine with the any Ryzen board. It is only when you get into OC'ing, that things can get dicey with some RAM on Ryzen boards. But with the latest BIOS updating AGESA issues, those problems are nearly gone.

I've built several Ryzens with no RAM issues. I'm on an "old" 1st gen Ryzen now.