No signal found on monitor

Jun 8, 2018
Hi, I just built my first gaming PC and it wont connect to the monitor. I was wondering of this could have something to do with the graphics card not being compatible with the motherboard ( graphics card - https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Windforce-128-bit-Graphic-GV-N105TWF2OC-4GD/dp/B01M6Y671T ) ( motherboard - https://www.amazon.com/MSI-ProSeries-Motherboard-B350M-PRO-VDH/dp/B06XS53VR5)

Im not sure if these are compatible or not, it would be great if someone could let me know.

If that works ,then go into the BIOS ans select Integrated as the graphics source. Then exit saving changes.

Next install the graphics card and make sure that any additional PCIE power cables are attached to the graphics card. Plug the monitor into the graphics card. Then start the PC.

When the system comes up, go to the Device Manager and check the Display Adapter for your graphics card.

Jun 8, 2018
@terry4536 im new to the hobby and im not sure what you mean by components,if you give me some specific things to look for i can let you know what they are. Also I tried to remove the graphics card and boot the system but it still says no signal on the monitor. Ive tried to connect the pc to a monitor and a tv and neither detected a signal. I cant plug a dvi-d cable into the monitor either cause its so old, it only has a vgi port

There are a couple of possibilities. The motherboard may be faulty. The memory may be faulty or incompatible. The monitor cable may be faulty. The monitor may be faulty. The CPU support integrated graphics even if the motherboard does.

Without the component list, it limits the troubleshooting I can do.

Jun 8, 2018
- Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti Windforce OC 4GB GDDR5 128-bit PCI-E Graphic Card (GV-N105TWF2OC-4GD)
- Cooler Master MCW-L3B3-KANN-01 MasterBox Lite 3.1 mATX Case with Dark Mirror Front, Acrylic side panel, Customizable trim colors
- Seagate 1TB FireCuda Gaming SSHD (Solid State Hybrid Drive) - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Hard Drive (ST1000DX002)
- Ballistix Sport LT 8GB Single DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200) DIMM 288-Pin - BLS8G4D240FSB (Gray)
- MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen B350 DDR4 VR Ready HDMI USB 3 micro-ATX Motherboard (B350M PRO-VDH)
- EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE 500W, 3 Year Warranty, Power Supply 100-W1-0500-KR, Black
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X Desktop Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler (YD130XBBAEBOX)

From your list, I can tell you that the graphics card requires a single 6-pin PCIE cable from your power supply. The 500 watt power supply is sufficient.

Try a different monitor cable. That particular CPU does not support integrated graphics. So other than trying your monitor out on another system, you have no way of confirming that it works or not.

The graphics card may be defective. You said that it didn't work on your TV. You can try it on another system. Since this is a new system, I would probably return the graphics card for another one.

the ryzen cpu does not have on board video you need a gpu. as this is your first build you may have missed a power connector or the standoffs and the mb is shorting to the case. pull the mb put it on top of the mb box with the gpu. make sure on the mb the 24 pin and 8 pin cpu power is connected. if there no dead shorts or power supply issues the mb should post. on your mb there are post code led what number are they stopping at???

I missed this question earlier. Any motherboard with a PCI Express x 16 slot is compatible with all graphics cards. There are limitations tough. For example, the size of the PC case may limit the length or height of a particular graphics card. The biggest limitation is the power supply. It must have sufficient power output in watts to support the particular graphics card (and those vary with the model).