Question No signal from 3060. Is it broken?

Oct 2, 2022
Hello guys, I have recently built a new pc. The PC starts and all fans run normally, and the GPU lights up. However, i get no reaction from the monitor.

I have tried 3 monitors and 3 different cables. I am sure the HDMI is in the GPU, not the motherboard. I tried reinstalling the GPU, and reset the CMOS battery. I tried reinstalling the ram as well. I am really running out of ideas.

My computer specifications:

Gigabyte Geforce RTX 3060

Motherboard: Gigabyte B660M DS3H DDR4

Power supply: SilentiumPC Vero L3 500W

Processor: Intel Core i3-12100F, 3.3Ghz, 12mb

SSD Patriot P300 512 GB M.2 2280 PCI-E x4 Gen 3 NVMe

RAM: G.Skill Agis DDR4 16GB 3000MHz, CL16

I would appreciate any help guys. I am worried that the GPU may be broken. Is there any way to tell if the GPU is broken? The lights turn on and the fans are spinning, but maybe it still doesnt work? I don't have a spare GPU to test, and It costs a lot of money here at a repair shop.

Is that a new build? If so it could be anything. But you have to start somewhere, and trying another GPU makes most sense here. Sorry there is no magic trick or something. Borrow GPU from friend (just make sure it wont be anything powerful as your PSU might not be enough).

jeremy0118

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2016
i wouldnt automaticly assume No signal on a new built is a defective GPU.

Like DRagor said, it could be anything. it's an elimination process. double check cable connections of the psu, is the 24 pin inserted in it'entirety? make sure standoff screws are in the right location, inspect the cpu socket for damage, mess around with swapping out ram sticks, those are things you can do. after that you would need spare parts to continue the troubleshooting.

I dont know if the board needs a bios update to support that 12100f. , i doubt it. You can basicly eliminate the RAM only only as you have 2 sticks its nearly impossible for both to be faulty, just use single sticks and try to swap them. and your storage device as it won't cause such problems you described, though you can remove any m.2 drive. With the CPU being a very unlikely suspect (never heard of an intel DOA, good qc) you basicly left with motherboard/psu/gpu diagnosing , the easiest ones being the psu and gpu if you of course have those as spare parts, which you don't. Though i find it unlikely for a GPU/PSU to be flatout defect out of the box as they are usually tested in the factory before exporting, though ive never heard of silentium, i'm more inclined to think the motherboard is at fault. Im just explaining my thought process as how i would go about diagnosing such problem myself.

Last edited: