[SOLVED] No signal from card or motherboard.

NastNastNast

Reputable
Feb 15, 2017
As I unplugged the pc to move it, there was a spark. All components seem to work fine but I just can't get a signal from motherboard or graphics card to the new or old monitor. I've tried removing the cmos battery and holding the power switch, I've tried different video sources to make sure the monitors work fine, I've tried removing the ram sticks and only using one and no prevail. It seems to boot into windows I just can't get a picture from the graphics card or from the hdmi on the motherboard to either monitor.
Ryzen 5 2600x
Rog Strix Rtx 2070
Oloy 3000 32gb (8x4)
650w evga psu

Solution
Have you checked that all of the wires coming out of your gpu are properly plugged in, or all of the wires for that matter?, Make sure the monitor is plugged into the GPU and not the mobo

if all connectors are connected, reflash the mobo bios with the same version (if no newer is available), so that the PCI-e slot redetects the correct init voltage for the new card. Also make sure your 2070 has a hdmi/DP ports to use as single display (my 1080ti has a specific DP)

NastNastNast

Reputable
Feb 15, 2017
I used an old gpu and it worked perfectly. I don't know much about the ryzen cpu not having integrated graphics and wether or not the bios can work without them or not but anyways the 2070 I'm using is getting full rbg and the 8+6 pin is getting power. The fans aren't on I THINK, because msi afterburner isn't on. The 2070 and motherboard video outs still don't work.

Nov 15, 2020
Have you checked that all of the wires coming out of your gpu are properly plugged in, or all of the wires for that matter?, Make sure the monitor is plugged into the GPU and not the mobo

if all connectors are connected, reflash the mobo bios with the same version (if no newer is available), so that the PCI-e slot redetects the correct init voltage for the new card. Also make sure your 2070 has a hdmi/DP ports to use as single display (my 1080ti has a specific DP)

Last edited:
Solution