[SOLVED] No signal from geforce 1650 on x570 gigabyte

quique123

Prominent
Feb 23, 2019
I get no signal out of my geforce 1650 on my gigabyte x570 mobo and ryzen 7. The amd fan and led and ram light up as do all Leds on the case front panel but I get no signal from the hdmi port. The hdmi cable works fine.

Solution
Yeah, motherboard needs cpu 12v connected to provide power to the cpu. Nothing will happen without it.

Long as plug says for cpu, the house shaped pin can fit into the square. Only other plug differences is PCIe and pin arrangements of this plug is very different and physically won't fit.

quique123

Prominent
Feb 23, 2019
I just noticed the psu has a CPU cable thats not connected to anything. The reason i didnt connect it to the mobos 12V 4x2 socket is because it doesnt appear to have the same pin types. Here is the psu connector and the mobo socket:

As you can see, the top line of the connector is, in my terminology:
square - house - house - house

but the socket top line is:
square - house - house - square

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, motherboard needs cpu 12v connected to provide power to the cpu. Nothing will happen without it.

Long as plug says for cpu, the house shaped pin can fit into the square. Only other plug differences is PCIe and pin arrangements of this plug is very different and physically won't fit.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution