Recently i bought a new case, because i wanted better temperatures. The system:
  • Asrock z77 pro 4-m
  • i5 2320
  • 2x 4gb ddr3 memory
  • chieftec 650 w Psu
  • gtx 1060 6gb
  • 1tb seagate baracuda HDD
  • 256 gb samsung evo SSD

The system was running perfectly before I reassembled it.
But now i get no display from the monitor.
Cpu isnt a problem because the system boots without problems, PSU isnt also because all components seem to work( fans spining).

Firstly i thought there was some problem with the GPU, but it works in another system.

I also checked that all cables are properly connected to the motherboard and components.

My guess is that there is something wrong with the motherboard, maybe i damaged a tranzistor but i didnt dropped it, and handled it gently.

Also there wasnt any static discharge that could damage the components( couldnt smell burning, or see sparks).
And i also reset my Cmos battery.

I dont know what more can i do.

Please help!

Try re-seating the ram and only using one stick in different slots if still no success.

The board you have has on board video, so try that as well with the gpu removed.

You could have a short, check if there are any standoffs in the new case that aren't lining up, if there's one touching the back of the board that could be the culprit. A psu can fail and still have the fans spinning, and with a fire hazard of a brand like chieftain, who knows. If it's not a short from a standoff or dust, I'd probably assume the board as well, though I also would get a psu from an actual good brand rather then what you got.

LUKA NOVAK

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
Try re-seating the ram and only using one stick in different slots if still no success.

The board you have has on board video, so try that as well with the gpu removed.

You could have a short, check if there are any standoffs in the new case that aren't lining up, if there's one touching the back of the board that could be the culprit. A psu can fail and still have the fans spinning, and with a fire hazard of a brand like chieftain, who knows. If it's not a short from a standoff or dust, I'd probably assume the board as well, though I also would get a psu from an actual good brand rather then what you got.

I also tried reseating the RAM, and using one stick.

Also i tried connecting monitor to the onboard graphics. First time it worked, but the next time strangely i got no signal the same as i did using my GPU.

I know the my psu isnt the best out there, but i cant afford a new one, and havent had any problems with "cheap" psu's although i know there are risks with using them.

Gedikpasha

Reputable
Jul 9, 2019
I also tried reseating the RAM, and using one stick.

Also i tried connecting monitor to the onboard graphics. First time it worked, but the next time strangely i got no signal the same as i did using my GPU.

I know the my psu isnt the best out there, but i cant afford a new one, and havent had any problems with "cheap" psu's although i know there are risks with using them.
Did you see the bios screen when you get the signal from monitor?

LUKA NOVAK

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
Did you see the bios screen when you get the signal from monitor?

No.

I checked my motherboard standoffs and they are all alining with holes on the motherboard, but there is one hole on the case that is also meant for microatx motherboards, but doesnt actually allign with a hole on the motherboard. Should i try installing a standoff there?

Gedikpasha

Reputable
Jul 9, 2019
I want you to check the CPU slot pins on the mobo also check the cpu pins carefully. You said "Cpu isnt a problem because the system boots without problems " but the system is not booting. Spining fan doesnt mean that your system is booting.

80% of your problem is about cpu or mobo pins please check really carefully.
10% PSU
other 10% idk xD

Last edited:

LUKA NOVAK

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
I want you to check the CPU slot pins on the mobo also check the cpu pins carefully. You said "Cpu isnt a problem because the system boots without problems " but the system is not booting. Spining fan doesnt show that your system booting.

10% PSU
other 10% idk xD

The system worked with onboard graphics, but now strangely doesnt work.

I checked my motherboard standoffs and they are all alining with holes on the motherboard, but there is one hole on the case that is also meant for microatx motherboards, but doesnt actually allign with a hole on the motherboard. Should i try installing a standoff there?

Well shucks, naw, dont bother with that standoff.
There's possibility that the new case has a short on in the front panel, I doubt it, but can you try your old case? Without any drives plugged in as well, just the board, ram,psu.

LUKA NOVAK

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
I want you to check the CPU slot pins on the mobo also check the cpu pins carefully. You said "Cpu isnt a problem because the system boots without problems " but the system is not booting. Spining fan doesnt show that your system booting.

10% PSU
other 10% idk xD
There is some bent pins on cpu socket..
But i am afraid they cant be fixed.

Link to image : https://files.fm/u/99bhqqs6

Last edited:
As long as the pins aren't broken are missing, you should be able to bend them back in place. Just get a magnifying glass, a steady hand and some thin pointed tools like a pair of tweezers or even a thumbtack and gently bend the pins back in place/aligned with the other pins. Here's a linus video of a similar situation.

LUKA NOVAK

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
As long as the pins aren't broken are missing, you should be able to bend them back in place. Just get a magnifying glass, a steady hand and some thin pointed tools like a pair of tweezers or even a thumbtack and gently bend the pins back in place/aligned with the other pins. Here's a linus video of a similar situation.

Here is the picture afer i aligned it, i think i did a pretty good job.

Link:https://files.fm/u/8kmkna3p

What do you think?
But the system still doesnt work...
I guess i have to buy a new motherboard :(

looks good to me. Yeah, unless you can try a different psu, it looks like the board. But unfortunately, unless you can get a board cheap , an identical board will cost over $140 and a similar z77 chipset is ~$100, an inferior h61m chipset can be had for ~$50, used on ebay of course since they are no longer made except for the generic sketch chinese copies.

LUKA NOVAK

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
looks good to me. Yeah, unless you can try a different psu, it looks like the board. But unfortunately, unless you can get a board cheap , an identical board will cost over $140 and a similar z77 chipset is ~$100, an inferior h61m chipset can be had for ~$50, used on ebay of course since they are no longer made except for the generic sketch chinese copies.
Yeah, but i still dont know how my motherboard died.

Gedikpasha

Reputable
Jul 9, 2019
Yeah, but i still dont know how my motherboard died.
My friend had the same problem with you. We tried to align pins manually but it didnt work after that he sent it to MSI warranty service. They did the same thing with pro hands xD.

Your MB is still alive. It needs magic hands but i dont think that Asus technicians have magic hands :(