[SOLVED] No signal from GPU or motherboard

May 26, 2019
I bought an aorus Rx 580 8gb from eBay which had some bad thermal paste causing it to instantly peg to 90 degrees under any load. I wanted to see what the difference would be once I changed out the paste so I ran some unigen valley. Screen went black but PC was still on. So I force shut down but when I restart, it gives the monitor no signal. I've tried using my old Rx 560 to see if that would give a signal, but it did not. The out from the mobo is not giving anything either.

My build-
Ryzen 3 2200g (has integrated graphics)
Gigabyte a-320m-s2h mobo
Aorus Rx 580 (new) Asus strix rx 560 (old)
8gigs ballistix 2666 mhz ram

Solution
So, motherboard's onboard graphics isn't working either ?? This means some fault might be there with the board, though I'm just making a guess here. Have you tried to CLEAR and reset all the BIOS/CMOS settings to default ?

Which PSU are you using ? Update the system BIOS as well, if need be. Try changing the monitor cables as well.
So, motherboard's onboard graphics isn't working either ?? This means some fault might be there with the board, though I'm just making a guess here. Have you tried to CLEAR and reset all the BIOS/CMOS settings to default ?

Which PSU are you using ? Update the system BIOS as well, if need be. Try changing the monitor cables as well.

Last edited:
Solution
May 26, 2019

I just removed the CMOS battery for 15 seconds and that made things work. Got the 580 drivers uninstalled and installed the 560 drivers. Thanks!
Quick question, how do I set this thread to solved? Im new here. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

TRENDING THREADS