[SOLVED] No signal from GPU or Motherboard

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 12, 2019
Hi guys,

A few months ago I built myself a new computer, the specs are:
Processor: I7-9700k
Ram: 16gb
Gpu: Rtx 2080ti
Mono: Asus Strix Z370-e gaming

Recently I was building another pc and put an old graphics card of mine in it. It wasn't displaying an image, so I took the 2080ti out of my machine and put the old graphics card into it. There was still no image so I chalked the graphics card up to being faulty.

Here's where the issue begins. I put my 2080ti back into the computer and switched it on.. the fans were going insane, it sounded like they were going full speed but there was no image on the screen. So I switched it off and removed the card to avoid any damage to it.

I then tried to boot the pc up with the integrated graphics through the motherboard but again no image.. obviously with the image not being on the screen I cannot access the bios.

So I removed the battery for 10 minutes in hopes that it would reset the CMOS.. still nothing. So I shorted the clrtc pins.. still nothing.

I have reseated the graphics card multiple times and did not touch any other component.

What has this old graphics card done to my computer and does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

Dec 12, 2019
So I've taken the ram out to see if I would get any sort of beeps from the motherboard, there was no beeps at all. Is the motherboard just dead? I haven't been able to reseat the CPU yet.