Question No signal from GPU to monitor

Codax

Reputable
Mar 23, 2017
Dear Tom's Hardware

So I've upgraded my rig with new mobo, CPU, and RAM. But when i started up the computer I got no signal to my monitor, which is weird because it's the same GPU and monitor, and both were working just fine with the old CPU, ram and mobo. I was a little unsure what the source of the problem was, since i didn't know if the computer posted at all, so i pulled everything out of the case and started again on cardboard, this time adding components one at a time. This time i got into BIOS totally fine and every part seemed to be working. I put everything back into the case and again: No signal on the monitor. I've tried a lot of things so far; resetting the CMOS, trying all the different ports on the GPU, making sure everything is plugged in etc. But since everything was working fine before, i fail to see why all of a sudden i get no signal? What could make the GPU send signal by being on a piece of cardboard?

Please help :( My new rig is this:

Mobo: AsRock H410-hdv/M.2
CPU: i5 10400F
GPU: Palit Geforce 1060 GTX
RAM: HyperX Predator DDR4 2666 MHZ (2x8)
PSU: Chill Innovation CP700M 700W
SSD: Samsung 750 EVO

Codax

Might be that your motherboard touches the case causing a short. Make sure that the motherboard stand offs are in place.
Check for any contact between the motherboard and case (or any other piece of metal) thoroughly.

Codax

Reputable
Mar 23, 2017
But would'nt that cause the whole board to not deliver electricity right? All fans are working as they should, and the fans on the GPU are too.

ASK THE COMMUNITY