No Signal from GPU

Zelces

Honorable
Sep 4, 2015
I can't find a solution to this problem. I've just finished building a PC from a mixture of new parts and old parts. All of the old parts we're in my office PC that I just upgraded, so I put these parts aside.
Old Parts:
-MSI GTX 970
-Corsair CX600
-MSI B350 Tomohawk
New Parts:
-Corsair Vengeance DDR4
-Ryzen 5 2600

Now I didn't expect for this to go smoothly, but I can't figure out why the GPU doesn't output any signal. I've been looking for solutions, but I can't find one that doesn't involve me having onboard graphics(which I believe the 2600 doesn't).

Solution
You need a bios update to run the system, at this point contacting your place of purchase for a full refund and buy a new mobo with updated bios or ask MSI to update the bios for you. Also you can request a AMD upgrade kit from AMD to update the bios.
But if I were you I would return it and buy a new mobo. I would suggest a B450/X470 that comes with support for Ryzen 2000 series out of the box.

Zelces

Honorable
Sep 4, 2015

Power is all connected, I'll try resetting the GPU. I can also put the GPU into my office build to see if that can get me anywhere.

ron2456

Distinguished

What about the Ryzen desktop 2000 ready sticke on mobo box?

Zelces

Honorable
Sep 4, 2015

I checked and I think I have to update the Bios or get a new motherboard. How do I update the bios with no signal?

Zelces

Honorable
Sep 4, 2015

Alright I just looked and it says i'll have to update the bios on the b350 for it to be compatible, but how can I do that with no signal? Should I just get a new Motherboard?

ron2456

Distinguished
You need a bios update to run the system, at this point contacting your place of purchase for a full refund and buy a new mobo with updated bios or ask MSI to update the bios for you. Also you can request a AMD upgrade kit from AMD to update the bios.
But if I were you I would return it and buy a new mobo. I would suggest a B450/X470 that comes with support for Ryzen 2000 series out of the box.

Solution