Question No signal from GPU ?

Apr 23, 2022
i recently bought:

b365m ds3h,
1030ti,
i5 9400,
ddr4 ram
PSU: 500w,

When i plug my hdmi into graphics card there is no signal and flashing orange bar behind gpu ?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Did you physically remove the graphics card from the system before plugging the display into the motherboard's graphic output?

If the card is installed, the on-board graphics are automatically disabled. This is why I'm asking you (for a third time) to remove the graphics card from the system and see if you get an image on your display.

Yes, I KNOW you do not want to use integrated graphics, but again, this is part of troubleshooting the issue.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Apr 23, 2022
Did you physically remove the graphics card from the system before plugging the display into the motherboard's graphic output?

If the card is installed, the on-board graphics are automatically disabled. This is why I'm asking you (for a third time) to remove the graphics card from the system and see if you get an image on your display.

Yes, I KNOW you do not want to use integrated graphics, but again, this is part of troubleshooting the issue.

-Wolf sends
i dont mind using intergrated graphics i just didnt know what you meant

Wolfshadw

Titan
i tried doing the itergrated graphics but it wont show anything
If you can confirm that the processor you have is the Intel Core I5-9400 and NOT the Intel Core I5-9400F, and the graphics card works in another system, then the issue lies with the motherboard. Without an image, there's no way of telling whether or not your BIOS has been updated to at least version F2 (which is required for your processor).

I see two possible issues:

1) The motherboard is still running on BIOS version F1 which means your system won't boot with the 9400(F) installed. You would either need to install an 8th Generation Intel Core I-series processor and update the BIOS yourself, or take it to a local PC shop and ask them to do it (at a cost).

2) The motherboard is faulty. If the BIOS has been updated for the 9th Generation Intel Core I-Series processors and you do in fact have the Core I5-9400 (and not the Core I5-9400F which does not have integrated graphics), removing the graphics card from the system should have given you an image.

At this point, your best bet would be to take the motherboard to a local PC shop for them to figure out what the issue is.

-Wolf sends

Apr 23, 2022
If you can confirm that the processor you have is the Intel Core I5-9400 and NOT the Intel Core I5-9400F, and the graphics card works in another system, then the issue lies with the motherboard. Without an image, there's no way of telling whether or not your BIOS has been updated to at least version F2 (which is required for your processor).

I see two possible issues:

1) The motherboard is still running on BIOS version F1 which means your system won't boot with the 9400(F) installed. You would either need to install an 8th Generation Intel Core I-series processor and update the BIOS yourself, or take it to a local PC shop and ask them to do it (at a cost).

2) The motherboard is faulty. If the BIOS has been updated for the 9th Generation Intel Core I-Series processors and you do in fact have the Core I5-9400 (and not the Core I5-9400F which does not have integrated graphics), removing the graphics card from the system should have given you an image.

At this point, your best bet would be to take the motherboard to a local PC shop for them to figure out what the issue is.

-Wolf sends
is there a way to like see the screen without hdmi or any help