[SOLVED] No signal from graphics card during boot

chrys1989

Prominent
Dec 7, 2018
I have just changed the CPU and Motherboard of my PC, and the problem I'm having is that I receive NO SIGNAL on my monitor from my graphics card during boot up.
After windows has booted up the monitor receives a signal and everything works fine.
The problem is that during boot I have no signal from the graphics card.
The only way to enter bios and to see the booting logo is to use the integrated graphics card from my CPU.
Using the integrated card from the CPU I have entered the BIOS and changed to use the PCIE slot 1, as default, it didn't work, then changed to PCIE slot 2, still didn't work.
Then I disabled the integrated graphics card from the CPU completely to see if it would use the dedicated graphics card as default, still didn't work, still NO SIGNAL.
So can you please help me.
I need to see the boot screen and I need to be able to enter the BIOS with the dedicated graphics card (Aorus GTX 1080).
After boot I receive signal and everything works normally.
Mobo - Z490 AORUS ELITE AC
GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Extreme Edition
CPU -Intel Core i7- 10700K
PSU - RM850 850W 80 Plus Gold
RAM - TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta 32gb

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you reinstall the OS after you changed the motherboard? If you've replaced the board and CPU as an upgrade, you should first make sure you're on the latest BIOS version before reinstalling the OS. Also, create your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you reinstall the OS after you changed the motherboard? If you've replaced the board and CPU as an upgrade, you should first make sure you're on the latest BIOS version before reinstalling the OS. Also, create your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Solution

chrys1989

Prominent
Dec 7, 2018
I did not reinstall the OS, I have windows 10 and it automatically reconfigured for the new system. This is also a work PC that has a tone of apps and stuff on it that would take ages to reconfigure and reinstall. So I would very much like to avoid doing that.
I installed the latest bios after I finished the upgrade.
But if there really isn't any other solution I guess I will have to reinstall the OS, but honestly I would like that to be the final desperate solution.