No signal from graphics card.

RoboticStixs

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
So I have a dell XPS 8500. And recently I purchased this psu http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004LB5AZY and this gpu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121770 for it. I installed everything, and when I pressed the power button, the blades of the graphics card and the cpu started spinning and lights turned on inside my pc. However, my monitor did not get any signal from my pc because it said so on the screen. I tried several times, switching ports and cables etc. But my monitor still wouldn't work. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? If so please reply. All help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
I couldn't find any Release Note/s about that BIOS update file, so its hard to tell if it will satisfy your need/s. Best way is to talk to Dell, they can give you the proper info. All I can tell the date is 10/29/2013 of the BIOS, so its the newest/latest one.

Did you tried the GPU on another system ? Did it worked there ?

Do you get a display without the GPU in your system ?

Just make sure your BIOS is set to PCI-E (external display), you may need to disable the iGPU (on-board graphics) to run the GTX 770.

Good luck.
First of all did you connected all the power connectors correctly ?

Try the GPU on another system, look if you can get a display. Your PSU is a decent one so no worries. What I am afraid of, Branded PC's use OEM MB's with OEM MB BIOS, which are sometimes locked to upgrade some after market GPU's. So talk to DELL or search the site to see compatible GPU's list.

Sometimes updating the MB BIOS helps to recognize after market GPU's, but don't try it if you don't know what you are doing. Its potentially dangerous.

I couldn't find any Release Note/s about that BIOS update file, so its hard to tell if it will satisfy your need/s. Best way is to talk to Dell, they can give you the proper info. All I can tell the date is 10/29/2013 of the BIOS, so its the newest/latest one.

Did you tried the GPU on another system ? Did it worked there ?

Do you get a display without the GPU in your system ?

Just make sure your BIOS is set to PCI-E (external display), you may need to disable the iGPU (on-board graphics) to run the GTX 770.

Good luck.

Solution