No signal from graphics card

cloudyk1tten

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
No signal with graphics card so I got a new processor and when I put it in I got no signal so switched to the old one again now I can’t get a signal from my graphics card but can get a signal straight from my motherboard it worked fine befor I tryed new processor now can only get old processor to work with motherboard no graphics card signal

cloudyk1tten

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
I have a msi m150 bazooka plus motherboard with an i5 processor and got an i7 7700k processor and when I swapped them out I got no signal so I put old one back in and I can only get signal from motherboard I can’t get a signal from graphics card anymore I tryed taking out pc battery and flashing the bios but still nothing from graphics card like it not even connected or anything

cloudyk1tten

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
It says my motherboard should be able to handle it I’m not sure what happened I could use graphics card befor I tryed new processor now it won’t work at all unless it motherboard with my old processor

cloudyk1tten

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
I have don’t that I downloaded new bios an used usb to add file and it rebooted says the new date how do I know it’s properly installed the thing is even with my old processor I can’t get mygraphocs card to work anymore I it’s like my graphics card isn’t even there it only works with motherboard

cloudyk1tten

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
How do you know if the bios worked when you added it it says new date and I used usb to add file to it but with my old cpu my graphics card worked fine the fans turn on and eveything but when I have my graphics card in it’s like it’s not even there like it dosent detect it and this is with my old cpu and eveything worked fine befor now nothing with graphics card only motherboard

cloudyk1tten

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
My cpu worked fine with graphics card befor I tryed adding the new cpu but now it just won’t read the graphics card with my old cpu in maybe it fryed that spot of my motherboard or soemthing I have tryed other graphic cards to none will work like it’s not even connected

Go into the bois and check the vers is the new one.

If it is then it's fine.

Reset to defaults, save and then shut it down.

Install the new CPU and boot up with the onboard graphics 1st.

cloudyk1tten

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
I have updated bios and reset to default even took out my battery and tryed that but it was all with my old cpu do you think that would effect it shouldn’t my graphics card work with my old cpu even after the update and resetting to defaults haven’t tryed the new one again

Should work fine.

cloudyk1tten

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
I don’t understand how my graphics card dosent work at all now when it use to be fine it’s like it’s not even recognized it worked fine with my old cpu tell I tryed new one now even with my old cpu no signal unless it’s with motherboard just not sure what would have caused this or how to fix it unless it messed up soemthing with the actual motherboard itself

Does the new CPU work?

cloudyk1tten

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
I don’t know I haven’t tryed it again since I updated and reset bios since it messed up the first time figured I would get it working again with old cpu than try the new one again my pc turns on and eveything and get signal as long as it is right through motherboard with graphics card nothing like I can’t find it in the hardware or anyhting either it’s like it’s not even there when it is hooked up

cloudyk1tten

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
I’m not sure maybe when I put in new cpu it short circuited my motherboard or messed up the spot we’re mygraphics card goes into or soemthing wasn’t sure if that was the case if my actual spot were the graphics card goes in got messed up

Remove the graphics card.

Put in the new CPU.

Hook the monitor into the MB and go into the bois to make sure it's working.

If it is.

Shut down.

Install the graphics card, hooking the monitor into the graphics card and start up seeing if you can get into the bios.

cloudyk1tten

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Alright I will when I get home I’m at work I will let you know so if the new cpu works but the graphics card dosent what do I do does that mean my motherboard is messed up and I need a new one

Let us know what happens once you try it.

cloudyk1tten

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
So I put in the i7 7700k and it runs but still only with motherboard not with graphics card if I go in system and display it’s going of my motherboard graphics but I have my graphics card in and fans are running

Shut everything down and unplug the power from the monitor.

Plug the monitor into the graphics card.

Plug the monitor back in and turn it on, then the PC.