[SOLVED] No Signal from monitor untill window boots up

Lagginglaggy

Prominent
May 19, 2020
what i basically mean is that when i boot my computer up there is no signal(from the monitor) untill windows gets loaded. i made a post about it in displays but had no luck. was wondering if someone here would know how to fix it. it started happening after i connected my HDMI to my motherboard. when the hdmi is connected to the GPU it doesnt happen so i can use BIOS if needed.
I do have integrated graphics and its enabled.

Solution
No, you set it to slot1 if thats where your gpu is.
Otherwise it will default to using the CPU graphics since it won't find a GPU in the empty slot.

Bios's typically scan for GPU in order: Integrated > PCI > PCIe
And use the first one they find if there is no valid 'default' set.

Lagginglaggy

Prominent
May 19, 2020
in your bios, set the Primary display to the one that will be the one to use with the bios. PEG = Pci-E Graphics if your board lists it that way. You probably want Integrated, onboard, or CPU.. something like that.
can you please explain it it in more details please it confuses me a little and i dont know what you really mean. i dont understand where i should go to in the bios. also, i only have one monitor.

Lagginglaggy

Prominent
May 19, 2020
in your bios, set the Primary display to the one that will be the one to use with the bios. PEG = Pci-E Graphics if your board lists it that way. You probably want Integrated, onboard, or CPU.. something like that.
hey, could you please explain it better? which one is the motherboard? where do i find this option in the BIOS? im pretty new to this

popatim

Titan
No, you set it to slot1 if thats where your gpu is.
Otherwise it will default to using the CPU graphics since it won't find a GPU in the empty slot.

Bios's typically scan for GPU in order: Integrated > PCI > PCIe
And use the first one they find if there is no valid 'default' set.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS