[SOLVED] No signal from monitors after enabling secure boot. Error code "Ad"

Oct 7, 2021
Hello,

I recently decided I wanted to upgrade to Windows 11 as my WIndows 10 kept failing updates. I decided to wipe my boot drive and install a new copy of Windows 10(all while only my boot drive was plugged in). After this, I went through the requirements to install Windows 11, one of which was to enable secure boot. I converted my MBR drive to GPT and BIOS setting from legacy to UEFI. This worked fine. What didn't work was enabling secure boot in the BIOS. Now my PC will turn on but no signal from my monitors.

ALSO: The motherboard is displaying the error, "Ad" on the little screen. And if it matters, all the lights on the mobo are red.

PC INFO:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 5
GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6gb
RAM: 16 gb DDR4
CPU: Intel i5 8600k

What I have tried:

-Resetting CMOS battery on motherboard multiple times. (Also tried taking out RAM during)

-Tried Q-Flash but can't really do this without video

-I considered trying to boot a Linux flash drive but remembered that I don't have integrated graphics so I can't connect my monitors directly to my mobo.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello,

I recently decided I wanted to upgrade to Windows 11 as my WIndows 10 kept failing updates. I decided to wipe my boot drive and install a new copy of Windows 10(all while only my boot drive was plugged in). After this, I went through the requirements to install Windows 11, one of which was to enable secure boot. I converted my MBR drive to GPT and BIOS setting from legacy to UEFI. This worked fine. What didn't work was enabling secure boot in the BIOS. Now my PC will turn on but no signal from my monitors.

ALSO: The motherboard is displaying the error, "Ad" on the little screen. And if it matters, all the lights on the mobo are red.

PC INFO:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 5
GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6gb
RAM: 16 gb DDR4
CPU: Intel i5 8600k

What I have tried:

-Resetting CMOS battery on motherboard multiple times. (Also tried taking out RAM during)

-Tried Q-Flash but can't really do this without video

-I considered trying to boot a Linux flash drive but remembered that I don't have integrated graphics so I can't connect my monitors directly to my mobo.
You have just joined a long list of posters that have bricked their PC doing this to go to W11.

I don't have a fix and have not seen one but it might be out their somewhere.

Oct 7, 2021
SOLVED:

Was able to short pin #1 and #6 on M_BIOS on the motherboard forcing the PC to boot into the backup BIOS.