[SOLVED] No signal from new gpu

May 5, 2020
My friend bought a pre-built cyberpower PC, For some reason he computer would just freeze and he would have to force turn off his pc. Then his gpu stop giving a signal. I recently upgraded my mobo and cpu so I gave him my old mobo and cpu. Then he bought another gpu. We put all that together and it worked, we got a signal out of the GPU but after an hour after the system have been running idle, my friend said it went back to showing no signal, but could get a signal from mobo. The only part that we didn't replace in that pc was the psu, could it be that its a pre-built, it could be not that good and short out his gpu, cause it happened twice and it's the only thing I could think is the problem.

My friend bought a pre-built cyberpower PC, For some reason he computer would just freeze and he would have to force turn off his pc. Then his gpu stop giving a signal. I recently upgraded my mobo and cpu so I gave him my old mobo and cpu. Then he bought another gpu. We put all that together and it worked, we got a signal out of the GPU but after an hour after the system have been running idle, my friend said it went back to showing no signal, but could get a signal from mobo. The only part that we didn't replace in that pc was the psu, could it be that its a pre-built, it could be not that good and short out his gpu, cause it happened twice and it's the only thing I could think is the problem.
Usually....if you don't specify a brand name PSU when you buy from places like these....you get a crappy generic PSU.
I think there's a good chance it could be the PSU.