No signal from New Motherboard

Jul 4, 2018
No signal to Monitor though new motherboard VGA or HDMI. Have a new Ryzen CPU too.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard: Asus Prime B350M-A
RAM: Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Case: Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU: Corsair - 430W 80+ Bronze

Tried changing from intel cpu to Ryzen. RAM, PSU, and GPU were all working with previous motherboard and still are. I have tried getting display though HDMI, VGA, and DVI to HDMI, but am getting no signal to the monitor. The PC powers on, the fans spin, and the keyboard and mouse light up, but no display. PCpartpicker says that all my parts are compatible so I'm very stumped. I've tried pressing the CAPs button, it changed from lighted to not lighted. The motherboard is pulsing orange. PC turns off immediately after pressing power button, don't have to hold it down. Yes, 8 pin CPU cable is installed, along with the 24 pin main one.

Steps I have tried:
1. Resetting the CMOS
2. Putting together the parts outside of the case
3. Getting a fresh MOBO and CPU to see if these were the issue, still the same problems
4. Putting the RAM in each of the four slots
5. Booting up the PC without the GPU installed
6. Discharging the power by holding down the power button.
7. Checking over and over if all the connections are attached to the motherboard.

I have no idea what the issue is, would value any help

Jul 4, 2018

Ah right, I've connected the monitor to the GPU via HDMI, but there is still no display, and the keyboard and mouse don't light up now

Jul 4, 2018

Done that, both still working fine. Could non compatible RAM be the issue?

Jul 4, 2018

Ah apologies, I suppose I am, the SSD contains Windows 10 from my previous system, can't even access the bios though.

Jul 4, 2018

There's only one 8GB RAM stick, so I don't think so
I've heard that there's been issues with Ryzen and RAM compatibility in the past

This might be the issue.

You should do a clean installation of Windows.

Jul 4, 2018

Can't do that without having a display on the monitor

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm, you're right, if you can't even see the BIOS it would seem like the old OS install isn't your immediate problem. I'm kind of stumped, the only thing left seems to be that maybe your RAM is faulty or something. Are you able to try it in another system?

Did you plug in the 6 pin power connector for the graphics card (assuming it has one)? I guess it's also possible the issue is your PSU (that's a pretty low quality unit IIRC).

Jul 4, 2018

Yes RAM works in another system, PSU works too, graphics card doesn't require pin connection. I have a MOBO speaker arriving tomorrow which will hopefully give me some more information, will post findings on the thread.