No signal from PC to Moniter

E_L_Melin

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
I just built this computer and its the first computer I have ever built so I didn't really know what i was doing. I have the geforce gtx 950 video card, Intel Core i3-6100 processor, CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 8GB), EVGA 80+ bronze 500w and a GIGABYTE GA-B150M-DS3H (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel B150 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard. The computer turns on all the fans spin, except the graphics card (I don't know if that's bad...) When connected to monitor, the monitor just reads no signal. Any ideas on whats wrong and how to fix it?

I looked into this thread but it didn't help

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...

I did everything it told me too but still no luck. I had forgotten to install the internal speaker. When I booted it up I got one beep, couldn't really tell if it was long or short. Other than forgetting the internal speaker I didn't see any other problems. I would really like any help.

Thank you

E_L_Melin

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016

I connected the monitor to the motherboard using a VGA cable but it still says no signal.

E_L_Melin

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016

I took out the graphics card and got a signal, its showing the bios currently. What should I do with the graphics card? Is there anything I should check in the bios or should I just put in windows 10?

E_L_Melin

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
[/quotemsg]

Youre right. I hadn't looked at the motherboard. Do you have another graphics card you can try to make sure it isnt DOA? Or you should put the graphics card in but boot up using the onboard graphics. You can then go to your Device Manager under Display adapters once in Windows to see if the card is being seen by the motherboard.[/quotemsg]

I don't have another graphic card but I do have a warranty and I can get a replacement. I have already had the graphics card in and had the VGA cable connected to the motherboard, but it doesn't go to bios it just says no signal. Should I change the Internal Display Output from PCIe 1 to IGFX? I'm going to do that and see if that works.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
If the board detects the card you cant use the board graphics. Thats why the board graphics did not work with the card installed.
Try the card in anouther PC or try a different card in your PC.
One of 3 things.
Bad card, bad board, or bent pins in the CPU socket.

E_L_Melin

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
So I changed the internal display output to IGFX that and I first thing noticed the fans on the graphics crads were trying to spin but they were very weak at spinning and just stopped but the graphics card wasn't connected to the power supply. I can't seem to find the graphics card in bios. Where would it be located?

E_L_Melin

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016

How do I tell if a graphics card is DOA?