[SOLVED] No signal, graphics card fans not moving ?

kev472

Reputable
Feb 8, 2018
I’ve built a new rig,

ASUS sapphire 6600xt nitro+
ASUS prime x570-p
Amd Ryzen 5600x
Cooler master master liquid cpu fan
32gb Corsair ram
750w gold certified psu, semi modular

from what I can tell everything is plugged in right. My motherboard lights up, the fans on the cpu radiator are moving and the graphics card lights up but the fans on the graphics card aren’t moving and I’m getting “no signal” on the monitor. When I disconnect the hdmi from the graphics card the monitor goes from no signal to no cable attached so it knows something is plugged in.

I’ve tried resitting everything, I’ve tried different cables and a different monitor but i am left with the same error. I’m inclined to think the graphics card is faulty. Is there anything else I could have missed which would cause this?

/E

This is now fixed, took Ram, put 1 card in each slot and it didn't work. Then took ram out the first slot, put it back in and it worked. Dunno why or how but it works so. Lol

Last edited:
Solution
A static charge build up could be a cause if reseating components helps with a system revival. The chipset supports the 5000 series processors but they need a BIOS update to function. Since you're able to get the system to work, check the BIOS version, not BIOS options(for now that's not needed).

Lutfij

Titan
750W is the advertised wattage of the unit while Gold is the 80+ efficiency rating. We're going to need to know the make and model of the PSU in your build. Might want to identify the stickers on the motherboard and see what BIOS version came shipped with the board since older BIOS won't allow you to boot with a Ryzen 5 5600x in there.

Last edited:
Reactions: kurdtnz

kev472

Reputable
Feb 8, 2018
The PSU is the Corsair TX750M.
I’ll check the bios option in the morning, I looked and thought all x570 chipsets supported the 5th gen cpu. If it needs a bios update is this possible if I’m not able to boot?

/E

This is now fixed, took Ram, put 1 card in each slot and it didn't work. Then took ram out the first slot, put it back in and it worked. Dunno why or how but it works so. Lol

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
A static charge build up could be a cause if reseating components helps with a system revival. The chipset supports the 5000 series processors but they need a BIOS update to function. Since you're able to get the system to work, check the BIOS version, not BIOS options(for now that's not needed).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS