No signal message on monitor [SOLVED]

Louie999

Reputable
Jul 22, 2015
So, I just cleaned my PC and now, for some reason, there's a "No signal" message on my monitor.

These are my specs:
CPU - i5-7400
GPU - GTX 1050Ti
Motherboard - H110M4-C2H
2 x DDR4 RAM

There are no beeping sounds, the fans are spinning, the monitor is working (It displays its logo before the no signal message).

I've tried unplugging my GPU and connecting the HDMI cable to the motherboard's HDMI slot but it changed nothing.

I've also tried re-inserting the RAM but the problem still persists. I didn't get such problems when I cleaned my PC 6 months ago, so I dunno what I should do.

Make sure that the CPU power cable is fully seated. Remove the graphics card, clean the contacts, blow out the slot, reinstall card, plug the PCIE power cable into the graphics card, and plugin the monitor cable to the graphics card.

If you haven already done so, repeat the same process for the RAM, make sure that matched RAM is in the same color coded slots (#2 & #4 or #1 and #3 slots usually).

Louie999

Reputable
Jul 22, 2015
Thanks for the reply. After I fiddled with it for a bit more, it suddenly worked again. I'm not sure, but I think the problem was the placement of my GPU which sometimes interferes with some cables going to the motherboard.

The loose power cables are a common problem like this. When you change out a component or clean out the dust, it is easy to dislodge a cable.