No signal monitor after new pc build

Lunar_1

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017
Hi guys!

I am new to this forum so my name is Ben and I'm 22 years old. I started building my first game pc today and I am running in some trouble.

Ofcourse before I began I read a lot of safety precautions, so I bought myself an anti static wristband.

My setup:
- Gigabyte ga-h110m-s2h
- i3 6100
- ATX Netzteil SP-5500 550W power supply
- Msi geforce gtx 1050ti 4gb
- Cooler master hyper 212 evo
- my old seagate 1TB hdd
- sharkoon vg5-v case
- 1x 8gb hyperX ddr4 2133mhz ram

So what is the problem?
Well I installed everything and always used my anti static wristband. I turned on my pc and everything works, all fans are spinning (even the gpu fans). Except I dont have a signal on my monitor. I cant find a connector on my gpu so I guess the 1050ti gets its power from the motherboard? I tried my hdmi cable aswell as my vga on my mobo.
I removed my gpu and booted the system again, still no signal. Then I removed the cmos battery for 30 seconds and booted again without my gpu... and you guessed it.. still no signal on my monitor.

I have no idea what went wrong. Does anyone have any idea?

May need a BIOS update. It needs BIOS F20 to support that CPU

Intel Core i3-6100 3.70GHz 3MB 350 MHz / 1050 MHz Skylake 14nm S0 47W 100 F20

And you'll have to reinstall windows, if that hdd has an old OS on it from another system

If the viderocard needs power did you connect power to it?

And what cables are you usin ?? Is it HDMI to HDMI or HDMI to VGA?? (If it's this, you need an active adapter)

Lunar_1

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017
Thanks Paul for your quick reply! I just found the solution after hours of screwing around. I only forgot to plug in the 8 pin connector for my cpu in the mobo. I feel stupid but also very pleased right now haha!

Now configuring my bios and reinstalling windows 7 :)

Cheers guys