No signal needs holding power button for 30 sec

Michele42

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
Hi guys I'm having weird problems with my computer; since a week ago I've been receiving "no signal" messages on my monitor when trying to boot up my PC and, after searching the web, the only solution that seems to work is to unplug the power chord, hold down the power button for 30 seconds and then boot the pc again. As happy as I was for a solution that didn't involve changing any component, now I'm stuck with this method that doesn't seems to resolve my problem: every time I want to boot the PC I have to do the steps above. On the thread of this solution somebody said that the problem was the power locking up the memory but I found nothing on the web.
Thank you guys for the help, hope we can fix this

Solution
if your rig is a intel cpu and gpu. make sure the bios is set to turn on the gpu first under priamny display settings. if there set to auto the display may be defaulting to the onboard video at power on. make sure your mb bios is up to date.
if your rig is a intel cpu and gpu. make sure the bios is set to turn on the gpu first under priamny display settings. if there set to auto the display may be defaulting to the onboard video at power on. make sure your mb bios is up to date.

Solution