Question No signal,No beeps, No anything

Sickboy4

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2013
Hi there i need alot of help please. So this has happened lots of times,but i used to be able to fix it. So when i turned on my pc,sometimes id get no signal on monitor so i would hold power button down and when off i switched the power button on PSU to off and unplugged the display cable from Graphics card and then the monitor. It would then work fine for few months. However, recently it did it again but this time its not come back on at all. Ive tried lots of times over the last few months. I hardly use the pc thats why i wasnt too fussed,but now ots annoying me.

So ive opened it up,removed graphics card,replaced it with an older card,removed and refitted ram,took out the cpu cooler and it was a little dusty but i cleaned it. Removed the chip and it looked fine and put it all back together. Put my original card back in and everything lights up but no signal no beeps nothing. 2 years ago my psu failed so i replaced that with a spare psu. Today i was angry taking out the GC that ive totally wrecked the pins so i dont think thats going back in lol. Done graphic card changes lots of times but today i had no patientince. Before i wrecked the gc slot i tried HDMI to dvi? I think? Got a new lead as the monitor doesnt have HDMI at back of it. I also touched the 2 black pins with a flathead to try reset the CMOS? Ive never done that before. I obvs cant put a gc back in nows but i put display cable into onboard graphics.

I was having no signal before i destroyed it.
Mother Board is Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3
CPU Cooler corsair(Soz cant remember model) About 5 years old.
Graphics card XFX RX 480
Its an old pc nows and i hardly used it over last few years but im just trying to figure out what went wrong?? I dont mind picking up a cheap new MB and i even bought new keyboard and mouse. Im not very good at fixing them,i have replaced parts with no problems before,until today when i wrecked that PCI-E slot lol. Any suggestions??

Thank you

Lutfij

Titan
Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

+ yes we'll need the age of the PSU for context.

replaced it with an older card
+
2 years ago my psu failed so i replaced that with a spare psu.

Please mention all the parts you've used to troubleshoot your system with. Chances are you killed other parts in your build, outside of the motherboard using generic or used PSU's.

Sickboy4

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2013
Specs are
CPU - AMD FX 8350
MB - Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
RAM - 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600 (TEAM)
HDD - Seagate 1TB (ST1000DM003)
SSD - Patriot Blaze 120G 2.5 Solid State Sata 3
GPU - Was XFX RX 480
PSU - Corsair CX500M (75-002017)
CPU Cooler - Corsair CW - 9060024-WW)

CHASIS - Vibox
OS - Windows 7
Monitor - AOC (M215LM00019).

Changed a GPU to the current one a few years ago,and i had to replace the PSU to the one above. Changed and worked for at least 2 years then nothing on screen. I just stripped it and it looks fine, still everything spinning and lighting up but still no signal.

Last edited:

Sickboy4

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2013
The problem most likely is from you used the fx8350 with the lower phase power GA-78LMT-USB3. That is well known problem for long long time. You can find more info from online.

Try other MB, if you can find.

Okies i try another MOBO. Thanx vm. I have another question if you dont mind. Im not very clued up but i was thinking of getting a Upgrade bundle. New MB.New Chip and Ram. If i were to do that, could i just simply swap everything out and Windows will still work? Id still use the hard drive and graphic card. Tyvm

TRENDING THREADS