Question No signal on both monitors after restart

Nov 5, 2022
Hello!
So it started when i was downloading a game to play on nox. As i didn't have nox installed, i did it at the same time. I've used nox before and have had no problem with them. But when the download hit 60-70% my pc completely froze. It then proceeded to try and restart, but i got no signal.

Everything else starts fine, like my pc, and all my peripherals light up, but no signal. So im basically trying to get my signal back :/ but also figure out why i suddenly got no signal after automatic restart after a crash.

I did also test the game on my phone afterwards, to check if that was the problem. But it played without problems. So im not sure but could it be that Nox emulator did something?

Both monitors do work as i checked them up together with my laptop.

Specs (if it helps):

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix Gaming
RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR4 3200MHz
Mother board: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS
PSU: Corsair TX650M
HDD: Seagate Skyhawk 2TB
SSD: Crucial MX500 250GB

Last edited:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Try this. Disconnect the power cable on the back of the PC (the cable that you plug into an outlet). Press the power button to discharge any residual power (yes, I know this sounds odd).

Reconnect the power cable and try starting the system.

Nov 5, 2022
Try this. Disconnect the power cable on the back of the PC (the cable that you plug into an outlet). Press the power button to discharge any residual power (yes, I know this sounds odd).

Reconnect the power cable and try starting the system.

Sadly this didn't work.

I also took out the CMOS battery as i broke the seat for it (looking on the internet it seems like i dont really need it anyways).

Do you know of any other things i can try? (I am quite desperate at this point)

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I suspect your GPU is the culprit at this point. The procedure I mentioned earlier is a sort of PSU reset that can help restart a failing PSU.

When you pulled the battery from the motherboard, you reset the motherboard to its default settings.

Can you borrow a GPU from a friend/family member to attempt to isolate the problem?

Nov 5, 2022
I suspect your GPU is the culprit at this point. The procedure I mentioned earlier is a sort of PSU reset that can help restart a failing PSU.

When you pulled the battery from the motherboard, you reset the motherboard to its default settings.

Can you borrow a GPU from a friend/family member to attempt to isolate the problem?

Yeah i probably can within a few days. And if it is the GPUs fault, i'll just take it as my time to uprade i guess :/

But if it is the GPUs fault. What do you reckon happened, as it seemed like a normal crash at first?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Yeah i probably can within a few days. And if it is the GPUs fault, i'll just take it as my time to uprade i guess :/

But if it is the GPUs fault. What do you reckon happened, as it seemed like a normal crash at first?
Could just be a coincidence. It does happen from time to time.

In the meantime, you can try removing the GPU and then reinstalling it, ensuring it is seated properly and that the external power connections from the PSU are fully attached. Worth a shot at this point.

Nov 5, 2022

In the meantime, you can try removing the GPU and then reinstalling it, ensuring it is seated properly and that the external power connections from the PSU are fully attached. Worth a shot at this point.

I have reinstalled the GPU a couple times today, but im unsure it actually installs perfectly. The clip doesnt "click" when i try push it in, no matter how much force i try to use. I'll defo go take a look at the PSU connections tho :D

Nov 5, 2022
Do you have all of the proper stand-offs/mounts installed between the motherboard and the case/chassis? Sounds like the motherboard could be too low.

Yeah i'd like to say im pretty confident i do have all of them. I checked the ones i didnt need to take out the motherboard to check. But usually im pretty cautious of those type of things. And im not confident in taking out the motherboard atm as i already broke the CMOS seat thingy hah.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2022

Wait no WAY! After reinplugging the external power connections from the PSU, and turned on pc again, i was met with Automated repair! Now should i reset my pc and delete personal files and stuff like that to be sure it works out in the end? Or should i just continue to Windows 10/ restarting?

Last edited: